new "I Spit on Your Grave " starring Camille Keaton!

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Sep 20, 2014.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'm up for it.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Looks like it was shot with a cell phone.

Steel76 likes this.
  3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Well, I was stupid enough, to download the movie.
    After about 30 minutes of terrible amateur acting, I noticed that the movies was 2 hrs and 30 minutes long.
    No way in hell, would I sit through 2 more hours of this shit.
    So I started to fast forward through the rest of it, and even that made me wanna kill myself.

It just feels like a shitty fan made sequel, stretched waaaaaaaaaaay to long.

I knew from watching the trailer, that it would be crap, but for some stupid reason, I still gave it a chance.
    When the hell will I learn from my mistakes...

Colin, Matt89, Zombie Dude and 4 others like this.
  4. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

does Camille Keaton actually have a film role where she doesn't get raped?!

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

This is a hard pass I got Escape Room instead which was cool if u like the Cube trilogy.

6. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Wait just a minute here. The running time is 148 minutes! Are you kidding me? Two and a half hours for a rape/revenge sequel? That's insane. I'll still see it, but damn.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well that trailer looked God awful and extremely try hard. Hard pass.

I still have never see the original film but I thought the remake and even its sequel weren't too bad.

Katatonia likes this.
  8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

2 and a half hours, ow shit, don't know I can sit through it for that long.

9. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

hots4, Steel76 and Katatonia like this.
  10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I also sat through The Avengers of rape-revenge films (2.5 hours!), and can't say I'd recommend it however some of the choices made here are so baffling and outrageous that I kind of had to admire the audacity. Meir Zarchi hasn't directed a film in over 30 years, and this definitely feels like a movie made by someone who hasn't made a movie in 30 years!

I was actually kind of with it up until
    Camille Keaton is decapitated on the mausoleum steps,
    but after that it gets pretty repetitive and dull. There are points where I'd think to myself, holy crap this thing is still going? Every scene in the movie goes on way longer than it should, and there's no reason this should have been 2.5 hours. The main villain reminded me of Ma from Friday The 13th: A New Beginning, only she gets her knockers out.

Also, it was very confusing because I believe this was supposed to be the same town from the original film, which has incredible atmosphere and beautiful Connecticut locations in stark contrast to the ugliness of the film's content. The villains here are relatives of one of the hick rapists from the original, and they make references that they are near New York. However, the entire movie is aggressively southern Californian, complete with palm trees and all, which is just not how geography works. Horror fans will probably recognize the mausoleum from A Nightmare On Elm Street and Mausoleum. The cemetery scenes are especially baffling, because you can see the heavy LA traffic from an adjacent road driving by in the background. Characters are running through this cemetery screaming for help or rescue, and I'm like turn around and there's a heavily populated road right behind you. Look, I can see it right there.

You know those restaurants where if you eat a 20 lb burger you win a free t-shirt and get your photo on the wall? I feel like I Spit On Your Grave: Deja Vu is kind of the cinematic equivalent of that. I came, I saw, I conquered, and now I'm moving on with my life.

Cooperkill likes this.
  11. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Finally got around to picking this up. Got the blu-ray off Amazon, which is a BD-R with a single menu that just has PLAY MOVIE on it. A homemade release if I've ever seen one. But hey, the V/A quality is actually pretty good. As for the movie itself, it is what it is. I didn't expect a masterpiece and of all 5 films in this series (still can't believe this is a franchise, lol), it's definitely at the bottom. My main complaint is the running time. It's in dire need of an editor. This movie could have been cut down to HALF it's running time and been a much better paced movie for it. But the movie is just weird. I think CPT HOOK said it best in his closing statement about the movie.