New haunted house flick with NO CGI!, called The Skeptic

Discussion in 'General' started by spawningblue, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I also had issues with the abrupt ending. Other than that I thought The Skeptic was pretty decent though. Very good casting (especially Zoe Saldana) and at times creepy atmosphere without CGI.
    Too bad there's no Blu-ray release but the DVD is still a keeper.

2. Bad_Ronald_1983

Bad_Ronald_1983 New Member

Yea. Good flick. Nice classic ghost story with a good backstory. Not bad at all. 4.5/5

-MATT-

3. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

This movie flat out stinks damn what a over climactic turd. My Blu Ray player is still barfing after this. Seriously I expect better recommendations from people on here. I wouldn't say this is the worse film ever but it comes pretty close. Oh and yeah the abrupt ending was such a F-you to the viewer. I guess they ran out money or Zoe Saldana didn't want to do a nude scene. Blah I can't be too mad at this film. The entire horror genre is such a decaying toilet. Maybe next time I someone praises a film I'll remember to flush. [​IMG]

4. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I struggled to get thru the first 45 minutes, but after that i have to admit i got hooked. Zoe is so damn beautiful and a great actress to boot, and the story actually became interesting. This is "made for TV" level production at best, but decent entertainment if you're in the right mood.

5. sincityjeff

sincityjeff Guest

Is that house the same one that was used in House of the Devil? It looks the same.