NEW Friday the 13th TV SHOW COMING!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Buechlers_beard, Apr 24, 2014.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Thrash or be Thrashed

Hopefully there will be some creative kills in this series as opposed to the remake. I'd be down for some back story like his mom messed with the Necronomicon and his father did whatever. As long as the kills are badass (gruesome), I'm for it.

2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

3. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

fingers crossed for an Elm Street series then!!

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

I had been saying this to my friend for awhile now, that somebody's really missing the mark not releasing a fun Friday the 13th game. Crazy to think that for a series as enduring and popular as Friday, there's only been one NES game. The asymmetrical multiplayer could be a refreshing gameplay innovation going forward. Regardless, just happy to see a Friday game in the works. Now how about a new Freddy game too?

5. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

Maybe it will be good. :p

6. thrashard76

I hope there will be some creativeness in the kills that can be performed by Jason (as opposed to that last Friday the 13th remake...yawn). Gimme Jason AND gimme death!

7. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

Never saw the other remake. Probably a good thing. Huh? :fire:

8. thrashard76

Oh yeah lol, I meant the only remake. :rolleyes:

9. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

Riiiiiiiggggghhhhhttttt!! :fire:joking!! :lol:

10. thrashard76

:spit:

11. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Plot Deets:

This sounds...complicated.

12. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Christ. Why are they over thinking this. It's not hard. Take a bunch of normal looking people (not Abercrombie & Fitch models) throw them in the fucking woods and have them killed off in interesting ways. Oh, and show it in a fucking movie theater, this TV series sounds like an embarassment.

13. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

It could be cool. Sounds kind of like they are giving Jason the Rob Zombie's Halloween treatment and mixing it with New Nightmare. It could work or it could be horrible. Either way I'll be watching :D

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

If it was anybody other than CW I'd give this idea 4 shows before cancellation, but they have a far lower bar for what is considered successful than any other network, it seems. The idea is completely terrible and I doubt they'll be able to handle the gore like AMC can. And you can just FORGET about any nudity.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  15. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Vampire Diaries (arguably the flagship show) is pretty gory and not as teen-friendly as you might think. All of the characters drink, do drugs and kill people more often than not, in gruesome ways, so CW is actually an encouraging network to handle this.

That being said, some shows on there DO warrant your skepticism. ;)

16. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

I actually like the CW network. They have one of the best shows on TV (Supernatural) and its not exactly tame. So I don't have as much of an issue with that. But I do have an issue with the premise. The movies are "just movies" based loosely on the REAL Jason ? Sounds like one of the rejected Freddy vs Jason scripts. I dont want some "clever" Meta show. Of course I will watch no matter what, but my excitement is long gone now.

17. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I don't know why they are obsessed about using a "real" angle. It just doesn't sound good from that bit of information.

18. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how interested in the show I am. But, I will definitely defend CW as one of the best genre stations out there. Some may see it as a low bar, but all reports that I have read indicate that CW puts a lot of faith in the show creators and is very willing to let them run with whatever they want to do. Arrow, Flash, and, of course, Supernatural are all high water marks for me as far as genre TV goes. So, the show being on that network actually raises my interest higher than it would be if it was on any other network.

And, yeah, as others have said "Hannibal" is quite excellent. In my opinion, it's the most interesting show since Twin Peaks aired.

19. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

We've already got Bates Motel, Teen Wolf and Hannibal already showing. And the likes of Let the Right One In, Friday the 13th, Ash vs. Evil Dead and Scream in the works, I can only imagine we'll see plenty more of these kind of shows in the next couple of years.

Personally I'd prefer a Seven-esque Elm Street show akin to the the prequel we never got.

I think there's a lot more to explore there instead of expanding Jason into something the fans don't want - in order to fill a series!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  20. Christy

Christy Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Jason kick ass on a weekly basis. Count me in as interested this sounds very promising.