Need some help identifying some flicks :)

Discussion in 'General' started by BloodMan, Nov 30, 2004.

1. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Hey all.
    I have a couple of tapes I ordered once upon a time way back in them there 90's when vhs dubs were all the rage and probably the only way to see certain films. Anyway, I ordered 2 tapes... Splattermania vol. 1 and vol. 2
    K... its just basically full of gore scenes from countless movies and the shitty thing is, no titles or anything is given and there are some wicked things on there that I have no clue as to what they are. I'm going to describe a few things and I basically want to know if anyone knows what film it is.
    So, here goes a few of the better ones.
    K... there was a killer, wearing a black man face mask. There was a white guy underneath but he had this face on and he gets shot and falls down the stairs. Sound familiar to anyone? I want to see this.
    Another was a gangster film. Its not any of those godfather films. In this clip, a man wearing a blue shirt gets shot to crap while this woman in a red dress screams and stuff. Looks like a very brutal film, lotsa squib fx etc...
    And... finally there was a quick clip of a puppet, like a ventriloquists puppet that was wearing a flannel type shirt and had a big smile that stabs a man. The dummy was sitting on a chair first then WHAM, stabs a guy.
    Anyone know these flicks? Any of em on DVD? Help people. :)

Nick

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

the third one could be pinocchio's revenge

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I doubt that... it was made in the late 90's.

Could the one with the dummy be MAGIC with Anthony Hopkins?

4. The Joker

The Joker Guest

I dont know the exact title, but I'd be willing to bet that the movie is based on John Dillinger....as in reality, Dillinger was found and shot by policeman after his mistress ratted him out...she actually went out with him the night he was shot, wearing a red dress....she's been dubbed "The Woman in Red" by history. Just a lil direction....try looking into the flicks made about Dillinger and it should eventually guide you to the right direction :)

5. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

That dummy thing might be Magic... will check into it more.
    The gangster thing... the guy gets shot by a bunch of gangsters. They all had tommyguns and small pistols and were wearing dark glasses. Its at night and alot of other people get taken out as well. One of the gangster guys is shot and falls out a window before it gets into the streets. I will check though, it could be a jazzed up version of a Dillinger thing. :)

6. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Sounds a little like NIGHTMARE (1980), but the mask is a little different.

7. Rock

Rock Member

I could use help with a couple myself:

1) Anyone know the old movie that Stephen King is watching in the "Jordy Verrill" episode of CREEPSHOW as he turns into moss? An old woman is ranting to a younger woman about how hard country life is (or something like that)...she's says (to the effect): "...they said this country would never be anything but....?....we froze in the winter, and we burned in the summer, but we got on w/things 'cause that's all we knew..." Maybe GRAPES OF WRATH?

2) How about the slasher flick that's on TV in Valerie's living room in SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE when one of the boys is slashed to death outside in the front yard by the driller killer? A woman says: "Oh, Candy...you scared me!" And then gets chased, knocked down, and stabbed by someone in a robe or cloak...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Answer to #1: I've been looking for this for years. No luck so far.
    Answer to #2: This one is HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD - the section of the film that homages Mario Bava. I love the cheapo music used in it - I wish I could get an MP3 of it.***

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  9. wago70

Blood Man: I'm pretty sure the puppet in flannel is MAGIC.

10. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Bloodman, the first one does sound like Nightmare. The mask is supposed to be an Abe Lincoln mask, but it's very dark.

The second sounds like The Executioner, aka Massacre Mafia Style. I haven't seen it in a long time but it's a very violent 70's gangster film. Grindhouse is supposed to be releasing this in like, 2012.

Oh and the 3rd, Screamtime maybe? It's a movie with 3 short stories in it with the first being about a killer hand puppet. Probably not your movie but it's a cool flick nonetheless for those who haven't seen it :)

Btw, the tapes were called Splattermania you say? I remember seeing a copy or two of that in Record Town but never picked 'em up.

11. wago70

While we're on the subject. Back in the early '70s I saw a movie on late night TV where it was a murder mystery of some sort. The plot involved a wheelchair (like the one in The Changeling). Also, the plot had some sort of hoax involved (I think to drive someone crazy or imitate a haunting in order to swindle the main character(s). At the end (POSSIBLE SPOILER) the "hero" of the film sees the wheelchair on the edge of a sea cliff by their mansion and angrily kicks it...and the person/villian happened to be sitting in it at the time. They didn't get away with their crimes after all. It was cool seeing that and made us kids jump when that happened.
    Any clues?

12. Rock

Rock Member

Wago, check out EYE OF THE CAT (?)...Gayle Hunnicutt, Michael Sarrazin, Eleanor Parker (the woman in the wheelchair teetering atop a San Francisco hill?)...1969, I believe...

And thanks for the earlier info...appreciate it! Hope I returned the favor...