Need Help with 2 Film Titles

Discussion in 'General' started by Copyboy, May 16, 2012.

1. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

I figure if anyone can help me with these it will be someone here since you all are so damned good at this.

The first one is a movie I remember my dad watching when I was very young. I only saw the opening scene and it scared the hell out of me but I've never been able to figure out what it was. A family is sitting around the dining room table celebrating a birthday. I believe the birthday is for one of the children. Suddenly masked gunmen burst into the house and shoot the entire family, including the kids! I think this movie is probably from the early to mid '70s just based on what I remember about the clothes and hair but that's all I remember because I think that was all I saw.

The second is a movie I think I saw on TCM but I can't remember who the two stars were or what the title was. It was about an escaped mental patient who forces his way into a woman's home. It's a black and white movie probably from the mid to late '60s and the thing that really stands out in my mind is that the woman lived in a house with a gristmill outside her living room window and you could see it turning and hear it creaking throughout the entire movie.

If anyone can help with either of these I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Active Member

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

4. Copyboy

YES! Thank you so much! I really enjoyed this one but man, that synopsis on IMDB ruins everything!

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    The first one isn't American Werewolf in London, is it?

6. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

7. Copyboy

No, it's not American Werewolf in London. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a straight action or drama crime thriller rather than horror. And the birthday shooting is the opening scene of the movie. What happens after that is anyone's guess as I either ran out of the room right after or was sent off to bed, but it's one of those things I never forgot and have always wanted to know what it is.