My horror review site

Discussion in 'General' started by Cooperkill, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Hey all. Sorry if this comes across as spam. Back in 2011 I began a website I'm only now starting to promote. I probably brought it up back in the day, but that was that. It's called Splatter Critic and currently has 3,617 short reviews. I'm doing what I can to build any sort of following, so if you want check out the site:
    http://splattercritic.com/

You can follow me here:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/splatter.critic/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/SplatterCritic

I just started the Twitter page three days ago, so I'm only up to a whopping 23 followers. More, of course, would be nice.

If not, that's cool. I know people get pissed off that I don't like a certain movie, or that I rank Dolores Claiborne over Fright Night, but it's all about opinions.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Cool, I'll check it out! ;) Looks like a very nice website design.

Nope, I wouldn't consider this spam at all...

Cooperkill likes this.
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Hey Cooperkill. I don't like the low rating you gave to Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein............. Just kidding. Very cool you went to such effort on the site. Hope you do well.

Cooperkill likes this.
  4. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

HA! You'd be surprised how many people get their feelings hurt when I don't like something they enjoy. One guy from some other board said he'd never go back because I don't like Funny Games. It's probably best people like that do stay away. Why harp on the negative? With over 3,600 reviews, I'm sure there's plenty he and I could have agreed on.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes!

russweiss likes this.
  5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

We definitely have different tastes, but I'll definitely Like you on Facebook and register for your site to show support.

Cooperkill likes this.
  6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Well done, sir! Looks like you've worked your ass off on that site, and your efforts really show.

It's a shame some folks in the horror community have that mindset when it comes to opinions or tastes in movies. Come on. One of the many reasons why I love this site is you find members that have passion for films in such a wide variety of sub genres, budgets, decades, etc and I feel we all have open minds. Every flick has sooooo many varietables, how you can get upset with somebodies else's opinion is beyond me. But anyways, keep up the good work my man and I'll frequent your site. I don't do any real form of social media though.......

Cooperkill and chancetx like this.
  7. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Thanks! I'd been keeping notebooks full of reviews for several years before I decided to put them on my own site. My brother is a web designer, which helps. Most of the design is his, while the upkeep is all on me.

And yeah, people are bound to disagree with some of my high and low picks, but that's cool because there's a lot to choose from. I'm surprised when I find people who devote their lives to the found footage genre, when to me it's by far the worst subgenre (excluding a few classics). Do I despise those people? Nope. I try to find common ground, as most rational people do.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Okay, so I see where one can log in, but I don't see where a newbie can create an account.
    derp.gif

9. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Thank you for bringing this up. I'll have to open that option up again. My bad. A few years ago I shut down the ability for new users to join because of a some bad experiences. I'd love for visitors to leave comments again, and will find out exactly how you can register. I have the option open for the public to leave reviews, but registration? Good question... for my brother the designer to figure out.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Myron Breck likes this.
  10. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Impressive site! I like your top picks section - something about lists like that that I really enjoy seeing (though I am surprised that The Mist didn't make either list for Stephen King).

edit: On the other hand, I hadn't realized Stephen King had quite that many adaptations, and it would not be easy to remove any of the ones on your top 13 list (except maybe The Running Man)

11. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

The Mist falls right in the middle of good and bad. I'm one of those people who read the book first and loved its ending. The movie ending tries too hard to shock and I never felt anything from it, which is a shame since the rest is really good.

The Joker likes this.
  12. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

In other words, it was a "mist" opportunity?

Can I suggest the use of terrible puns in your reviews?

Great site!

Cooperkill and Angelman like this.
  13. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

[​IMG]

You can use all the puns you want lol.