Mrs Claus holiday slasher any good?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Nov 14, 2018.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

It kinda looks cheap from the trailer but am still curious. It just ca!me out on DVD from wild eye releasing. Anyone happen to watch it yet?

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I watched Mrs. Claus last night after putting the tree up. It's pretty bad, so it'd be tough to recommend. Pretty standard slasher fare, only on a Z-grade budget. Helene Udy is in two scenes, but Brinke Stevens has a slightly larger role as the local cop.

There have been a ton of uber-cheap Christmas slashers over the past few years, so if you've seen movies like Dismembering Christmas, Once Upon A Time At Christmas (which was kind of hilarious, guilty pleasure), or All Through The House, this is a few notches below those. It was also pretty mild on the Christmas atmosphere, just some lights and a Christmas decoration here and there. Filmed in Texas, so no snow.

I will give it credit, as it's probably the only slasher movie where the murder spree is set off by a dildo. That's probably the most remarkable thing about it.

fceurich39 and zbinks like this.
  3. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I was bored. It lingered on the death scenes too long, and there wasn't much visually interesting.

Although Udy and Stevens added an unexpected class to the whole thing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    fceurich39 likes this.