Matinee on Blu-ray (region B)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fattyjoe37, Feb 27, 2012.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Matinee, one of Joe Dante's best films, is out on Blu-ray, but only in France. The disc comes with a solid collection of bonus features including a new 40 minute interview with Joe Dante and the complete Mant film & trailer. The film & features all have French subtitles that can be turned off with a remote. The biggest downside to the disc is that it is region B locked. I recently used a hack to turn my Insignia player region free, and this disc was one of the main reasons.

You order the disc at Amazon.fr, where it is known under the bizarre alternate title Panic sur Florida Beach. You can also read the review at Blu-ray.com

2. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Yeah.

I saw it on Virgin Megastore at 10€, last month when I was in Paris.
    Never pick it up because I never found love in that movie.

Maybe I´ll watch it again, and if I like it more, next year I´ll buy it.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I visited the theater from Joe Dante's Matinee today. Located not too far from Kennedy Space Center. The amount of bugs in the little town of Cocoa where the theater is located is insane. Have you ever walked through a little cluster of bugs? It was kind of like that, only continuously for about three blocks.

Anyway, here's a pic if anyone cares:

IMG_20190303_203655.jpg

matinee-1993-movie-theater-marquee_794_426_81_s.jpg

Erick H., Matt89, fattyjoe37 and 2 others like this.
  4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^^^ That's pretty cool CPT.

Yeah, I've been in a swarm of large flying butterflies before while on vacation in Colorado one Summer as a kid. There were literally MILLIONS of them flying and you could barely see anything because they were so thick. I had to walk through them to get to our hotel... and it's probably one reason why I literally freak out if there are things flying around me larger than a housefly. I've been told before they even show up on radar when they do that.