Masters of Horror. Which episodes are you buying?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitfire, May 29, 2006.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Masters of Horror Season 1

What episodes have you bought and which are you planning to buy from the first Season? The one's you're actually going to pick up, regardless.

A. Just one (Specify)
    B. Two or Three (Specify)
    C. Four or more (Specify)
    D. The Entire Box Set.

For me it's (C) Four or more.

My list (Bought)
    Cigarrete Burns
    Dreams in the Witch House
    Incident on and Off a Mountain RD

To Buy Still
    Sick Girl
    Jenifer

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I'm only going to buy Argento's episode, Jenifer. Might rent the others later on.

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

If they ever release a box set I'll probably buy that. There's enough decent eps that it'd be worth it.

I'm kind of tempted to buy the single Incident release right now, but I may just wait cause I at least have the ep on my computer and have very little money to spend.

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Jenifer for sure! I loved the ep. and I get all of Argento's stuff on DVD.

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

So far, I have only picked up Incident on and Off a Mountain, my very favorite one. I really liked some of the others, but not so much that I can't wait for the boxset to add them to my collection.

However, if the ones I haven't seen yet are all Chocolate quality, I may change my tune and just pick up the ones I thought had merit, such as Cigarette Burns, Dreams in the Witch House, and Sick Girl. Chocolate sort of cast a scary, "Oh hell, what if they really suck?" light on the rest of the episodes out there I missed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2006
  6. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Coscarelli's and Argento's are the only ones I'd want to own.

7. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Carpenter, Argento, Miike, and Gordon.

8. What was that Ryan? All I could hear was the sound of your money hitting the trash can....speak up next time :) I keed I keed.

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Which one's have you not seen? I'm guessing all of the ones you didn't mention? Yes, Chocolate was one of the weakest ones; more like an erotic thriller.

None of the other ones are like Chocolate, but the one I would red flag would be Dante's. Pick Me up was okay, not as good as the one's you listed. Haekels Tale is a bit slow but I liked it.. Definitely not for everyone, though it was okay.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  10. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

I'd guess that eventually Anchor Bay will package them together. Will be a while for that since they're taking them out slowly.

Incident seems to be on everyone's list.

Will Imprint be released on DVD?

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I haven't seen quite a few of them yet - Dance of the Dead, Haeckel's Tale, Imprint, Jenifer, and Homecoming. A trusted friend said that Homecoming was the only one worse than Chocolate, but alas, I will have to see it to believe it. :nervous:

12. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Yes, your friend would be right. It was the hardest one-hour I had ever sat through. When I saw the comercial I didn't like it to begin with, but I gave it a chance anyway. Homecoming is the reason I won't buy the box set.

From that list, I think you would like Jenifer and maybe Haeckel's Tale.

13. onebyone, Homecoming is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. It's actually one of the ones I liked a lot. People didn't like it cause it was political, well what show these days isn't?

Just follow my list in the other thread and you can't go wrong hun :)

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I thought Homecoming was a great stab at the politics of today and really enjoyed it.
    I was gonna buy the eventual boxset but might just stick with my dvd-r's as I'm not all that intersted in the extras. Might pick up a couple singles (a freind let me dub Cigarette Burns BB disc) for commentaries, but now know I don't care enough to buy them all. Carpenter's comm. on CB was highly entertaining, far better than many of his comm. efforts recently.

15. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Since this friend is the sole person who gave me a proper warning on Red Eye, I am sticking with her for the time being.

I should just download the rest of these and be done with it, but for whatever reason, I just can't seem to get it done. I was very excited for Dance of the Dead, but Mortuary sort of put a stop to all that. Maybe it will hit me later on.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

D. The Entire Box Set.

17. Luna

Luna Guest

All I can say is, if you really enjoy the FOX News Channel and consider them to be an unbiased news source, Homecoming most likely isn't for you.

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

I'm glad that some of you enjoyed Homecoming.:D

It does have the zombies thing going for it. I wish I would've liked it. I did like the makeup effects on the zombies and the first 5 minutes were really enjoyable.

I don't think that the political statement makes or breaks a good episode though, you could do that and still make a good film. It's just that episode in particular; especially the entire News Broadcast-Talkshow approach.

But I'm glad that most of you enjoyed it though.

19. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Cool. Hope they include Imprint, really want to see it.

The price should be affordable since they will probably sell it later on, after all the shows are released.

Anyone picking up Deer Woman, F-Haired Child, Pick Me up, or H. Tale individually?

20. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I haven't seen any of the episodes except for Cigarette Burns and Dreams in the Witch House, but I'm very interested in getting the box set. Or maybe I'll settle with a few double-packs and then download the rest ... Undecided still.