March & April Horror Movie Watching Thread 2020 - Coronavirus Edition!

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Jamie

Jamie Member

I missed out on this thread when it started so thought Id add on a few things.. First, +1 for Smithereens.

I rewatched Breaking All The Rules recently. I love that movie and I know a few here do too. When I was a kid, my best friend loaned me a tape of it when it came out so I've always been a fan of it. In general, I like 70s-80s movies that were filmed at theme parks anyway.

Aside from the plot, it's just like a nice slice of the 80s preserved on film. Carolyn Dunn, Rachel Hayward, and Michele Scarabelli are all beautiful and great in it. It's really too bad there hasn't even been a widescreen version of it released still. Last year there was speculation that Walt was going to rescue it. I think this is one of those movies that deserves it.

Also been watching some Terrahawks and Space 1999 on tv.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, really good movie, I'll definitely get it at the next Criterion flash sale (yes, I know about Barnes and Noble, but when I buy from Criterion I get those points. 500 and it's a $50 gift card).

3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

So far, this is me, though as work has ramped up a lot, this will grind to a halt:

Back to the Future 1-3, Outbreak, Deep Impact, 2012, The Core, Molly’s Game, Lethal Weapon 2-4, Social Network, Dirty Harry, Rise of Skywalker, Jaws, Air Force One, Avatar, Avengers: End Game, Star Wars: Rogue One, I, Tonya, Zodiac, Toy Story 4, The Rescuers, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Pinocchio, Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga, Palm Springs

The House on Straw Hill, Season of the Witch, There’s Always Vanilla, Vamp, Chud II: Bud the Chud, Psychos in Love, Disconnected, Double Exposure, Devil’s Wedding Night, Necromancy, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane, Village of the Damned, Up From the Depths, Simon: King of the Witches, The Guardian, The Great Alligator, Monster Club, Edge of the Axe, Crimes of Passion, Destroyer, Blood and Lace, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Dunwich Horror, The Nest, Eliminators, Dungeonmaster, Black Candles, The Amityville Curse, Devil’s Nightmare, Edge of Sanity, Symptoms, The Dead are Alive (The Etruscan Kills Again), Nightbreed: The Cabal Cut, Sonnyboy, Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II, Estigma, El Caminante, The Blood Spattered Bride, Evilspeak,Mind Ripper (The Hills Have Eyes III), Death Walks on High Heels, Death Walks at Midnight, The Fifth Cord,The Slasher …is the Sex Maniac, Splatter University.

So... I've been busy.

satans-sadists and CPT HOOK like this.
  4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Got bitten by a nostalgia bug on Saturday and watched the VHS (Tri-Star "Drive In Classics" series) of "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" and then "Teenage Frankenstein". Was mulling watching the VHS of Elvira's presentation of "Frankenstein's Daughter" but found an old tape of nothing but Drive-In concession stand ads. Totally fun!

X-human likes this.
  5. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Spent the last couple months poisonin my skull just snortin dvds in my total isolation scene complete with MREs. Groovin on mostly boots of abandonware, as thats been the route I hadda go. Saw Fort Ti in 3d recently (William Castle, 1963), Silent Madness in 3d, Can you keep it up for a week?, a ton of don kirschners rock concert and Solid Gold, Bwana Devil 3d, Hallucination Strip, the mysterious dr. Satan, The truth According to satan, The big bang (cartoon from around 84), Dr. Frankenstein on campus, Andy warhols my hustler and Chelsea Girls, Elevator Girls in Bondage with the Cockettes, Alabama's Ghost, The Goddess Bunny documentary (she of the cursed gif!),Carry on up the jungle, Just a gigolo (bowie, kim novak, marlene dietrich), Tilt with brooke shields, old drive in intermission reels, and catching up on Dark Shadows, Love American Style, High Chaparral, and the Gary Coleman cartoon show, Jana of the jungle, and next step beyond and a ton of titles that were on USA Up...All Nite like Oddballs, A polish vampire in burbank (and lookin up rhe Ronda bumpers on youtube), and some that shoulda been like Jokes my folks never told me, The night they robbed big bertha's, and Best chest in the west with Dick Shawn hosting. So its been a wild time in isolation. Pretty much completed my dvd collection and now just diggin dvdr sludge.
    And for listening still digging my collections of Have a nice day super hits of the 70s and Dim lights thick smoke hillbilly music. About 60 discs of music there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020 at 2:49 AM