Looking to buy a Bluray player but know nothing

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, Apr 13, 2010.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

There's a Blu-Ray.com thread started by David McKenzie (noted compressionist for the likes of Arrow and Synapse among others) that suggests avoiding this player. Apparently this player has certain noise reduction video processing controls that can only be turned off through a somewhat complicated workaround.

x666x likes this.
  2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Oh geeze! Thanks for that. The solution reads more difficult as it may seem, though. Having read that issue and fix in the forum now, it sounds like the same kind of settings related issues I had with my Sony TV. Much like the guy who figured out the Bluray player settings, I figured the same kind of solution out because I had a day off sick and had the time to figure out the settings on my tv. The bluray player appears to be the same way. Once you change the settings, this player will probably as awesome as my tv given the reviews.

Thanks for the link though, zbinks, because I will definitely want to turn off the auto DNR setting once I get it!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    zbinks likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! I actually don't have it yet. Only placed the order and now waiting for it to ship. It's not my first 4k player as I have the Xbox One S. Don't know if there's much difference in terms of playback but I figured I'd shell out that little bit more for a player that can upscale the region A discs I have (something I'm not sure the Xbox does on my region B titles).