Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III on Blu-ray 6/7!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Watched this again last night. Still didn't notice the oval.

Don't get me wrong, I love all things Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but is it just me or does Leatherface: TCM III get worse over time? I loved it when I was younger and thought it was a great little 80 minute chase movie. However, I end up liking it less with every viewing.

Last night, I was pretty bored by it. The final girl spends about 30 mins of the already brief running time nailed to a chair. When the girl is tied to the chair and you're left to watch the family banter or whatever, it just feels like a forced pale imitation of the family in the original film. You can see the actors acting, where in the original they feel like authentic people. The whole thing feels very safe and vanilla. Especially when the Unrated version is still edited! It also looks aggressively Californian in comparison to the other films. Even that one filmed in Bulgaria or wherever did a better job of imitating Texas. It still goes by quickly, but when it was over, I just kind of shrugged and moved on to the next blu-ray.

On the other hand, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation gets better with every viewing. The family stuff in that is totally bonkers.

Zombie Dude and fceurich39 like this.
  2. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I will never disagree with anything more lol. This past summer I actually downgraded the review from one a half stars to one star. It's a sour, obnoxious experience for me, but hey... glad you enjoy it.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I agree with you part 4 is a woeful experience, I'd never sit through it again, I just couldn't do that to myself.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I originally really enjoyed this one but really didn't care for it when I watched it last year. I also found it boring at times like you and lost interest by the time the final girl was nailed to the chair. This franchise waaay overuses replicating the dinner scene from the original.

I can't agree with your thoughts on The Next Generation though :p