Lamb 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by russweiss, Oct 17, 2021.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I enjoy Noomi Rapace so went to see this. The film is listed as horror on IMDB but I would have to say it is more of a fantasy. Rather different in any case. Filmed in Iceland with some nice cinematography. Only three actors in nearly the entire film. The ending was disappointing but I'm not sure where I was hoping it would go. If anyone else has seen this I'd like to know your thoughts.

2. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I saw this on Thursday at AMC. I thought it was a bit too long considering how little really happens, but I enjoyed it. Beautiful cinematography and quality actors, but pretty uneventful ultimately. I don't think I'd revisit it, but I'm glad I saw it. But yeah, this is 100% not a horror movie, so I'm not sure why it's listed on IMDB and AMC as horror. It's an odd fantasy drama with a brief bit of violence at the very end (well, plus the earlier scene with the gun). Maybe the lamb girl was supposed to be scary, but I found her pretty adorable running around in sweaters and riding on tractors. The only other people in the theater were a couple of girls who I think were probably around 17-18. When it ended I heard one of them say "That was a good movie", but I couldn't tell if she was serious or not.

russweiss likes this.
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

There was only one other person in the theater when I saw it earlier today. I'm glad it was playing on one of the large screens at the multiplex but I don't think it was doing the business they were hoping. Yesterday I saw The Last Duel at the same multiplex and it was playing on a small screen. Not sure how they determined that. Without having done any research on the film I'm thinking it may be some Icelandic Folklore as the basis of the film. Had the film been about the creature at the end it could have made into a horror movie.