Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

New edition of The Producers coming soon!:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=17663898&postcount=42281

Also interesting tidbit on why MGM has a couple of StudioCanal titles (which they'll have in the States of perpetuity!):

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=17664434&postcount=42311

"MGM owns US video rights in perpetuity (as it was part of the Embassy titles that Nelson got and then ended up with Orion)"

UPDATE 5/22: The 4K transfer will have a new (improved) color-timing!:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=17664938&postcount=42317

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Kino kicked off a Memorial Day sale this morning.

I picked up the following for $57:

Clockers
    Secret Ceremony
    Summer of Sam
    My Boyfriend's Back
    Needful Things
    The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

satans-sadists and X-human like this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Coming in 2020!
    3-D Restoration by 3-D Film Archive, LLC!

Dynasty (1977)
    This 3-D pop-out spectacular is directed by Mei-Chun Chang (Revenge of the Shogun Women) and stars Tao-Liang Tan (The Hand of Death), Ying Bai (Hapkido) and Kang Chin (Master of the Flying Guillotine). Ying Bai won the Best Supporting Actor at the 1977 Golden Horse Film Festival. Stereo cinematography is by Jung-Shu Chen (The Fearless Hyena).

This will be our first release in Compatible 3-D meaning you can view it on any system. The package will have both BD3D polarized AND anaglyphic (red/cyan) 3-D versions. In other words, a dedicated 3-D Blu-ray player/display will not be required to view Dynasty in 3-D. The packaging will contain one pair of anaglyphic 3-D glasses with information on how to acquire additional glasses.

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorber...404775049766/3181370811919804/?type=3&theater

russweiss likes this.
  4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Two absolute favorites of mine that I'm surprised took this long to get a HD release:

Coming September 15th!
    Two Classic Comedies Starring Bob Hope & Paulette Goddard!

[​IMG]
    The Cat and the Canary (1939)

• Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Lee Gambin
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Optional English Subtitles

B&W | 75 Minutes | 1.37:1 | Not Rated

Comedy legend Bob Hope (My Favorite Brunette, Road to Morocco) is at his very best in the hilarious comedy-thriller The Cat and the Canary. A decade after the death of an eccentric millionaire, his remaining relatives gather for the reading of the will at his abandoned mansion set deep in the Louisiana bayous. Tension builds after his niece Joyce (Paulette Goddard, The Ghost Breakers) is named the sole inheritor and it is revealed that one of the other relatives will get everything if the heiress goes insane within the next 30 days. The timid Wally (Hope) vows to protect Joyce who must spend the night in the haunted mansion along with her jealous relatives, a creepy maid and a homicidal maniac who has just escaped from a nearby sanitarium. An equal mix of both frights and fun, this unforgettable classic has become the gold standard for the horror-comedy genre. Directed by Elliott Nugent (Nothing But the Truth) and based on the classic John Willard (The Mask of Fu Manchu) play.

[​IMG]
    The Ghost Breakers (1940)

• Brand New 2K Master
    • Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Lee Gambin
    • TRAILERS FROM HELL with Larry Karaszewski
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Optional English Subtitles

B&W | 85 Minutes | 1.37:1 | Not Rated

Screen greats Bob Hope (My Favorite Blonde, Road to Utopia) and Paulette Goddard (Nothing But the Truth, Reap the Wild Wind) co-star in another comedy-thriller, a year after their smash hit The Cat and the Canary. Ghosts and gags collide in this witches’ brew of laughs, with Bob Hope as a Manhattan radio commentator who finds himself marooned on an island of the walking dead! Larry Lawrence (Hope), sought in connection with a murder he did not commit, eludes New York police by hiding in a steamer trunk. Soon the trunk (and Larry) are aboard a ship bound for Cuba, where the trunk’s owner, pretty Mary Carter (Goddard), is sailing to take possession of a recent inheritance: a “haunted” castle. Sensing that Mary is in danger, Larry and his valet Alex (Willie Best, Whispering Ghosts) precede her to the island, which is inhabited by a ghost, a zombie and perhaps even a flesh-and-blood fiend. There’s romance, comedy and chills as Hope and Goddard contend with earthly and un-earthly foes—and try to keep from ending up as ghosts themselves. Director George Marshall (Murder, He Says) also directed the 1953 remake, Scared Stiff, starring Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. The stellar cast includes Paul Lukas (The Lady Vanishes), Anthony Quinn (Zorba the Greek) and Paul Fix (El Dorado).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020 at 12:11 AM
    Nailwraps and russweiss like this.