Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jan 6, 2015.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Fingers crossed Kino. Not a fan of shout at moment.

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It's between Kino and one of two other labels. A lot of people are assuming that one of those labels is Shout!, which is probably a strong assumption, but I don't think either label has been confirmed, as of yet.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=15745550&highlight=130+titles#post15745550

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  3. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Criterion is the third label and I can guarantee they're not interested in Superstition. Other than Shout I can't think of any other indy label with pockets deep enough to license from SC. I suppose Lionsgate could've chosen to renew their license but, let's be honest, they're only interested in padding their portfolio to look good to Wall Street. It's a long shot but maybe Vinegar Syndrome has built enough clout (and financial standing) to enable them to make deals with larger studios. Needless to say, that would be a BIG deal.

4. zbinks

I think Arrow has a stronger chance than Vinegar Syndrome. I could also see MVD as a possibility.

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I didn't factor Arrow - but wouldn't any Studiocanal titles they license be locked to Region B being that Arrow is based in the UK? Not that there's a problem for those of us with region-free players. Don't know about MVD. They're still wet behind the ears. I think of them as only slightly better than Mill Creek.

6. zbinks

Arrow is bi-continental, so it would depend on whether they're licensing for the UK and/or North America.

Honestly, anybody not named Shout! Factory is probably a dark horse, but companies can always surprise us. Mill Creek worked out distribution licenses with Sony and Disney before Shout! Factory and Kino, respectively.

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Erick H. and chancetx like this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The announcement on Facebook also says Stephen King's Storm Of The Century.

baggio and chancetx like this.
  9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
    Coming to Blu-ray "Late Spring, Early Summer" from Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Synopsis: Nick Randall (Rutger Hauer) is an urban bounty hunter, a lethal professional who collects society's garbage for a living. Malak Al Rahim (Gene Simmons) is an international terrorist with a plan to turn Los Angeles into a bloody battlefield. But when the CIA uses Randall as bait to trap the madman, the hunter becomes the hunted. And when the violence hits Randall's home, the bounty becomes a mission of very personal vengeance.

Robert Guillaume, William Russ and Mel Harris co-star in this action-packed thriller which features a final showdown that critics and fans alike called one of the most explosive climaxes of the decade.

Tuff Turf

Synopsis: For Morgan Hiller (James Spader), it's tough enough being the new kid in school. But when he tangles with a local gang, he becomes the lone target of some rough revenge. And when he falls for the gang leader's girlfriend, the situation turns from dangerous to deadly. Welcome to Tuff Turf - where enemies are made, reputations are earned, and love is the most risky affair of all.

Robert Downey Jr. co-stars in this powerful '80s high school drama that features live performances by The Jim Carroll Band and Jack Mack & The Heart Attack, plus songs by Marianne Faithfull, Southside Johnny, Lene Lovich and more.

Black Moon Rising

Synopsis: When master thief Sam Quint (Tommy Lee Jones) is hired by the government to steal top-secret data from a crime organization, he hides the stolen data in the experimental supercar, The Black Moon. But when the car is then stolen by high-tech auto thief Nina (Linda Hamilton), Quint must pull off the most daring heist of all: break into an impenetrable skyscraper and steal it back. With time running out and all sides closing in, Quint and Nina take The Black Moon on one final ride towards a shattering climax of sky-high suspense.

Transylvania 6-5000

Tabloid reporters Jack Harrison (Jeff Goldblum) and Gil Turner (Ed Begley, Jr.) are sent to Transylvania with two choices: find the Frankenstein monster or find new jobs. But before the jumpy journalists can dig up their big story, they must first face the horrors of an extremely clumsy butler (Michael Richards), a nymphomaniac vampire (Geena Davis) and semi-mad doctor (Joseph Bologna), as well as assorted mummies, werewolves and more Transylvanian oddballs. Can these two bumbling heroes unravel this monstrous mystery or are they in for some very scary surprises?

John Byner, Carol Kane, Jeffrey Jones and Norman Fell co-star in this hilarious horror spoof written and directed by Rudy DeLuca (co-writer of Caveman and High Anxiety. For laughs, screams and a good time, call Transylvania 6-5000!

Let's Kill Uncle

Synopsis: An orphan English heir (Pat Cardi) and his playmate (Mary Badham) plot to kill his uncle (Nigel Green), who is plotting to kill them. NEW 2K REMASTER.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

baggio, loutoad23, chancetx and 2 others like this.
  10. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Nice, A few more Anchor Bay dvd's I can retire :D

satans-sadists likes this.
  11. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Holy shit, Lets Kill Uncle! That’s one of Castle’s most obscure. I caught it on TCM sometime in the last decade but I don’t know if it’s ever aired again. I’ve actually worked with Pat Cardi some over the years. Very nice guy.

buck135 and satans-sadists like this.
  12. thing

thing Well-Known Member

chancetx likes this.
  13. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Yes to all of this

satans-sadists likes this.
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Link (1986) Starring Elisabeth Shue and Terence Stamp - Cinematography by Mike Molloy (The Hit) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (The Omen) - Produced and Directed by Richard Franklin (Patrick, Road Games, Psycho II, F/X 2).

Kim Bruun, baggio, wago70 and 3 others like this.
  15. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    LINK is awesome. I love the buildup to the exciting final showdown. Great camera work, too.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Good movie. I have the original DVD.

17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Have to say that ever since they got Rawhead Rex a couple years back, Kino’s acquisitions of long-requested new to Blu-ray titles is second to none. Their two Kolchak releases were some of the best discs of last year and I can’t wait to pick up Link.

loutoad23 likes this.
  18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Sorry, but Link sucks! (My personal opinion.)

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Posted by KinoLorberInsider on the blu-ray.com forums:

I'm so down for this. Their first UHD release. And depending on how well this and another yet-unannounced UHD title that they have planned for the summer sells, they're gonna release Sergio Leone's Dollars Triogy in the fall.

~Matt

Nailwraps likes this.
  20. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member