Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jan 6, 2015.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned that the transfer for Deep Rising is same as mill creek double feature release over at bluray. com forums that can't right can it thought this was 4K getting it regardless but interesting.

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Stick (1985) was announced two days ago:

We had planned to announce this next week, but with the very sad news of Burt Reynold's passing, we will go ahead and announce the film today.

Coming 2019 on Blu-ray!

Stick (1985) Starring Burt Reynolds, Candice Bergen, George Segal, Charles Durning, Richard Lawson, Alex Rocco and Dar Robinson - Shot by Nick McLean (City Heat) - Screenplay by Elmore Leonard (52 Pick-Up) and Joseph Stinson (Sudden Impact) - Based on a Novel by Leonard - Directed by Burt Reynolds (Gator).

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorber...404775049766/1934531183270446/?type=3&theater

loutoad23 likes this.
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Comparisons between the two here:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=12245&d2=12246&c=4824

Apart from the brightness I could not notice any other differences.

fceurich39 likes this.
  4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.
  6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorber...4GeUPYoPAhH9UIkCNpaWnQ6FwXffmCVbW8w&__tn__=-R

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/photos/a.683404775049766/1967519029971661/?type=3&__xts__[0]=68.ARDinA3j0CEi3YgGaDdMMMTiLjEhKNd08s8seUZhoPBobwV85U4lmJ9hCc3G3W0-VHISKNSRe1WEld-M5pX_Aq2jEVuXc2BqO6WS12SPx5URjcTkUNvKp-JWN9c3cjS5KeJfg3XCOVlpKuCa1IJXmTF07Snf4ak6cXTLnuSG7fE9i52EeciQog&__tn__=-R

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/posts/1968967353160162?__xts__[0]=68.ARB6D2gnKKE31Znj2dnrhzkZdfvoAwzaV5hMzU7OgTua0hKQ7hlRumLrVJK-D63i516Ndvv-3pxpKQniTY4aIz9ietV3BHUB0nRxEpn6J-3ARNk3KAJSXZcjCrZRrE_5vE5y7I4QoppmCVEqXxOc_mOt9bRkpcabeEBy9HfsPdIbt1-a-e-w7w&__tn__=-R

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

9. zbinks

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorber...c_scqvA34Dzi6zqvXwBjF8qjoM_Ai-YQaC4&__tn__=-R

10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

11. Nailwraps

12. Nailwraps

13. Nailwraps

Mo' Bava, mo' better!:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=15706237&postcount=25049

"Coming to DVD and Blu-ray January 15th!

Two films from legendary director Mario Bava (released separately):

KNIVES OF THE AVENGER
    (1966)

A barbaric Viking revenge film starring Cameron Mitchell!

Bonus Features:
    *Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
    *English main title sequence
    *Alternate English dialogue track
    *Theatrical Trailer
    *Mario Bava trailer gallery
    *Reversible artwork

FOUR TIMES THAT NIGHT (1971)

A swinging sex comedy laced with dark undertones.

Bonus features:
    *Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
    *Alternate English dialogue track
    *Deleted scenes
    *U.S. theatrical trailer
    *Mario Bava trailer gallery"

russweiss and Angelman like this.
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Kino apparently has a deal with StudioCanal, which includes 130 titles. Includes a few horror titles, but none have been confirmed or denied.

StudioCanal also has smaller deals with two other labels.

15. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

My frustration with Kino is about to hit the roof. I frequently place large orders during their sales. The last was no exception, and I placed an order for 11 titles including an inexpensive box set, total order value $116.89. Unbelievably, they sent it so that a DIRECT SIGNATURE is required, meaning that I have NO OPTION to sign a waiver and have the package left at my door. No mention was made of this requirement when I checked out, and Fedex is understandably being a huge pain in my ass about it. And with my wife and I both working full-time, our only option is to pick up the package--30 miles from where we live. Hell, why not require me to drive across the country to California to grab it?

Excepting big-ticket items like pricey HDTVs, I've never seen anything shipped with this type of signature requirement before. In all other cases, a door hanger was left, I signed it, and the package was left the next day. In this case, that's not being allowed even though I'll gladly incur the risk involved with leaving it on my front porch.

I've requested that Fedex make one more attempt to deliver it late in the day, and they said they'd make that request with no promises. If that fails, I'm having this shipped back to Kino and seeking a refund through my credit card vendor. I just wasted 45 minutes arguing with Fedex, and I'm not about to waste any more time on this.

This sucks, since these Kino sales provide outstanding value. But if this is the way it's going to be going forward, I'll abstain.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah. That direct signature is very specific and almost non negotiable. Very odd that Kino sent it like that. I've bought a large order similar to yours in the past, came UPC .. left at door. Have you tried calling Kino? Ask them why it was sent that way. They would be the one to change the way it is sent/left. Not Fedex. Have Kino, (not you) get Fedex to send it back. Then have them send out another proper shipment.

Similar story. The only time I got a direct signature, was indeed from Fedex. The package had liquor in it. Zero excuses, only way it could be sent. I had to drive to the Fedex to pick it up. And it wasn't the typical depot, it was the main depot in my county. Once it on the truck and no one was home, they send it back to their main hub, not the little sub places. No joke, it was like you about 30 miles away. I was never even in that area before, it was all freight centers with 18 wheelers driving around. Ridiculous. The smaller Fedex center (where the truck came from) is about 5 minutes from my house.

shape22 likes this.
  17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Dead Of Night (1945) coming soon

18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
    A 4K Restoration!

Dead of Night (1945) Starring Michael Redgrave, Mervyn Johns, Roland Culver, Frederick Valk, Sally Ann Howes and Googie Withers - Directed by Alberto Cavalcanti (They Made Me a Fugitive), Charles Crichton (The Lavender Hill Mob) - Basil Dearden (The Mind Benders) and Robert Hamer (Kind Hearts and Coronets).

[​IMG]

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  19. zbinks

It's a great movie, but I'll probably wait to see if it represents an upgrade over the UK Blu-Ray or if it's just a Region A equivalent. Hopefully they'll do The Queen of Spades though, so I can finally ditch the Anchor Bay Double Feature DVD.

20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Apology to Kino! This is unreal. The Fedex shipment requiring a direct signature must be my Universal Creature Legacy replacement disc. Since it shipped out the same day my Kino order shipped, and both involved Fedex, I mistakenly assumed it was my Kino shipment. Turns out the Kino package was sent Fedex Smart Post, with final delivery by the USPS. Can anyone else confirm the Creature replacement blus were sent out with a direct sig requirement? That seems truly stupid, but the package in question is only 0.1 pounds.