Killer High DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Oct 12, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Killer High is a SyFy Original Movie that aired on SyFy Channel last October. SyFy movies generally have a bad rap, which is sometimes warranted, but every once in a while there's a gem like Killer High, which is among the Best Originals they've ever done. It even made the honorable mentions of my Best Horror Films Of 2018 list.

I reviewed it in last year's Annual October thread, and here's what I wrote:
    Killer High (2018) (DVR / SyFy) - This is the reason I force myself through all these SyFy movies every October. You have to sit through a couple of duds, but it’s all worth it once you find a Killer High. This movies takes place during a high school reunion being held in an abandoned haunted high school, where there’s a gigantic warthog (the high school mascot) roaming the halls and picking off the attendees. Did I mention there’s a spectacular sequence where the warthog storms the dance floor and massacres everyone? And did I mention this movie is done primarily with practical effects? I didn’t notice any of the typical bad CGI you see in these movies, the warthog is a guy in a suit. Best of all, did I mention this movie is wickedly funny, outrageously gory, and just a complete blast from start to finish? If you enjoyed Dance Of The Dead or the high school episodes from Ash Vs Evil Dead, don’t miss this one! It’s a hoot. I LOVED it!

I had stopped into Wal-Mart this week to pick up Ruin Me on DVD and did a double-take when I spotted a DVD release of Killer High on the shelf. I had no idea a disc release was even in the works, but I had to have it.

Wal-Mart's price is a super affordable $9.96 (which Amazon appears to have price matched), and I highly recommend it! This one is a gory good time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ImmortalSlasher and fceurich39 like this.
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed killer high way more than ruin me just because I thought ruin me was gonna be brutal. Not had good luck at Walmart on release dates for movies lately fingers crossed for Oct 15
    Gonna get 4 titles
    Crawl bluray combo 22.96
    3 from hell bluray combo 17.96
    Haunt DVD 14.96
    The Drone DVD 12.96

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I saw Crawl theatrically and will wait for Black Friday pricing to grab the disc release, however I already pre-ordered the other 3 from Target's B2G1 sale for much cheaper.

The deal is really only good if you have similarly priced titles you want (of which I had many), but my final prices on each came to:
    3 From Hell blu-ray $13.33
    Haunt DVD $13.13
    The Drone DVD $9.83

Also have The Art Of Self-Defense and Scary Movie blu-rays ordered with the 15th street date, but Scary Movie appears to be back-ordered.

The Target sale has been AMAZING and I believe today is the last day. I have all my pre-orders locked in through December.

fceurich39 likes this.
  4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Watched it once on syfy but I think I'll get the DVD tomorrow when go to Walmart.