Jeepers Creepers: Reborn - Fall 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Feb 24, 2021.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It appears that the fourth Jeepers Creepers movie was secretly filmed over December and January in Louisiana. Gone is the franchise's problematic director and discarded is the return of Gina Philips, which was set-up at the end of the third movie.

Titled Jeepers Creepers: Reborn, here is the synopsis:

The film unfolds as the Horror Hound festival holds its first ever event in Louisiana, where it attracts hundreds of geeks, freaks and die-hard horror fans from far and wide. Among them is fanboy Chase and his girlfriend Laine, who is forced to come along for the ride. But as the event approaches, Laine begins to experience unexplained premonitions and disturbing visions associated with the town’s past, and in particular, local legend/urban myth The Creeper. As the festival arrives and the blood-soaked entertainment builds to a frenzy, Laine believes that something unearthly has been summoned…and that she is at the center of it.

Honestly, the whole "horror con" plot sounds a bit tacky. New director is Timo Vuorensola, who made a 2012 action movie Iron Sky.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/jeepers-creepers-reborn-release-date-1234914059/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like crap.
    Not having any hopes for this, especially after the horrible third one.

The original is all I need. It's quickly went down hill for this franchise.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm only curious as another director is behind this one. I really like the first Jeepers movie. The sequel had it's moments but is nowhere near as good and the third was a steaming pile I struggled to watch and stay interested in. So I guess I at least feel they can only go up from the third.

Steel76 likes this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

This sounds horrible and pointless.

I think I'm the only person who enjoyed the third entry, I don't believe I was under the influence when I watched it!

5. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

I always thought the Creeper was possibly created out of the subconscious translation of Salvo's lusts and without that hideous yet creepy cross pollination to make a serious horror dynamic there I am left to doubt the effectiveness of the new film.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

You just might be lol. I struggled watching that third film and thought it was a massive step down in quality. At the the first two had interesting and somewhat likable characters. I didn't give two shits about anyone in the third and they spent way too much time with the van and its SAW traps.

I admit I'm not loving the synopsis of this new film as it sounds a bit tacky like CPT HOOK mentioned. I do really want another good Creeper movie that is more in line with the first though, so I'll wait and see with my fingers crossed.

7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

My first thought was yet another horror fest setup. Also I hated the third movie. I think I reviewed it around here as it was direct to Syfy I think. I was shocked at the quality of that one. Hated the final twist.

The second movie is on demand. I've never seen the whole movie. I missed the first 30 minutes or so before the start of the bus trip. But the actress from the early seasons of Supernatural is in it. So I was hoping that I would like the movie. Perhaps I'll watch it soon. See if they have the original as well so I can do a double feature. That first movie is a classic.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the third movie in the theater. It didn't hold up as well the second time when I watched it on blu-ray at home, but I think it's on par with part 2. Neither come close to the original.

I'd imagine this will be going direct-to-streaming, so unfortunately this will be the first of the series that I don't get to see on the big screen.

9. ImmortalSlasher

From
    From what I remember Part 2 was far better than Part 3. I found the topic here:

http://horrordvds.com/community/threads/jeepers-creepers-3.36781/page-8

I remember a company made a good statue of the Creeper. I think it goes for a lot of money now.

At times we are talking snow horror movies and perhaps a snow setting would work for the Creeper. Winter college break, drive through the mountains, stop at a small town. Could work.

10. ImmortalSlasher

I watched Part 2. It's ok. Far better than Part 3. I didn't even remember what happened in Part 3 and had to check wiki.

I think the bad thing about Part 2 is that the blonde girl from Supernatural is the best part of the movie. Yet she's basically a supporting or maybe main actress. It's like the movie tried to give everyone on the bus something to do. Which is good I guess. But when the bus is full of a football team of borderline assholes. You don't care about them really. And I remembered that I never liked those school bus trips. So maybe it's personal.

The blonde girl does have some funny scenes though. She's a cheerleader and what happens to her is crazy. But Part 2 is more of a revenge movie from the first scene. And a direct sequel to the events of the first movie. Also, I guess the snow setting can't work for the Creeper as Part 2 sets him up as a Spring only character.

In the end, Part 1 is the movie to own.

Zombie Dude likes this.