JAWS: Memories from Martha's Vineyard

Discussion in 'General' started by Copyboy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

http://www.mvremembersjaws.com/

Just received this book and WOW! I hesitantly went all out for the limited hardcover edition containing a 9 minute DVD of home movies and a piece of the sinking Orca and damn, it was worth every penny. Loads of info from the locals and tons of pictures I'd never seen before. Beautiful and arrived just in time to kick off the 4th of July weekend! Highly recommended for any fan of the movie! This is to Jaws what Anatomy of the Dead is to Night of the Living Dead. Now if only we could get The Shark is Still Working!

2. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Any chance of some pics :D

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Damn I'm jealous, looks really cool! It's probably my favourite movie of all time, I wish I had the money.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Does this cover the sequels too ala Crystal Lake Memories, or it is mostly about the first movie with the sequels as a footnote?

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, this book is recollections from townspeople about the shoot. It's not a behind-the-scenes of the series. For that check out Just When You Thought It Was Safe: A Jaws Companion by Patrick Jankiewicz. That covers the whole series including aborted sequels like National Lampoon's Jaws 3, People 0.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    That is amazing. How I wish locals would do this for other films.
    Jaws was one of the very first films I ever saw at a drive-in - possibly THE very first. What I remember is that I didn't fall asleep (as kids do at drive-in theaters) and I, being only 4, recall that whole night very vividly. Mostly, I remember keeping my feet on the backseat because I swore I saw the ghostly image of the shark coming up from the darkness of the floor. I felt really bad for Alex Kinter, not scared, just wish I could have distracted the shark so he could get away. Ben Gardner's sudden re-appearance got a scream from the car next to us. I felt like I had been jabbed in the stomach. I was still afraid for Hooper and Brody when they were paddling back to shore - I thought for sure they'd get eaten by a relative of the shark (I beat Jaws 3 to the punch with that notion, ha!) and I wasn't sure the movie was over so Jaws 2 was not a surprise to me. Good Times!

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

wow, that's a fantastic memory! my first drive-in was honey i shrunk the kids. i would have been about 7. i recall enjoying the film, but my strongest memories are of turning around in my seat and watching silent scenes from Batman and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade playing on other screens. they looked so much better!

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Ha! I did that, too. I looked at the other screen and I saw a cartoon and I begged my parents to see it the next day which they said absolutely "NO". Turned out, it was "Fritz the Cat".

9. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay and the blurry shots but this is the best I can do right now. I think there may be more pics on the website.

Attached Files:

10. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Looks amazing, Thanks for the pics :banana: