Inception VS Black Swan

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Ash28M, Dec 15, 2010.

?

Buzz battle

1. Inception

52.3%
  2. Black Swan

47.7%
  1. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Likewise.Polanski is obviously controversial but I thought GHOST WRITER was a very effective little picture.

2. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I loved both, but Inception has the edge because it has more replay value for me, I can see myself watching that one a dozen more times, Black Swan was great, but like Requiem for a Dream I can only see myself watching it a couple more times, it's not really a 'watch anytime' movie for me.

3. j tea

j tea New Member

i didnt love either of them. i could see myself watching black swan again. probably not inception. i just didnt feel like it had a lot to offer. it was well-made, looked good, and moderately well-acted, but it just wasnt the mind-fuck that i thought i was walking into. neither was black swan, but i thought it took more chances.

4. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I actually couldn't stand Inception. My vote goes to Black Swan.

5. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Inception. It has that intriguing, layered plot that makes it worth repeat viewings. Black Swan, as good it is, is hard to watch at times. Not to mention the handheld camerawork nearly made me sick at times.

Black Swan has Natalie Portman's excellent performance, though. And the final 10 minutes are cinematic art.

6. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Haven't seen 'em yet - :D - but, I'd be willing to give Black Swan the advantage outthebox. The Dark Knight couldn't be more overrated, so, I'm not too keen on Christopher Nolan.

7. Uncle Jay

Uncle Jay Member

It's funny that this poll exists, because these are my two favorite films of this year. It's a hard choice, but I'd have to go with the brilliance of "Inception"...which blew me away with its original storyline, and Nolan's superb direction.

-UJ

8. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Late reopening topic because I just saw Black Swan. I gave my vote to Inception because I think that's one of the best movies ever. However both of these movies seem to be influenced by Japanese animation. I think Inception just does a far better job of creating a world and epic story. Where as Black Swan as few have mentioned comes off like something I've seen before in Polanski movies that are better than Black Swan.

9. unclefred

unclefred Member

inception was better, would have been even better if they hadn't stuck in the shoot em up scenes that just don't fit the film. I liked Neon Demon better than Black Swan too.

10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I still have to see Neon Demon.

I thought the shooting scenes are just because Inception is a heist / bank robbery type movie. I like the world they created for the movie. The fact that the more wealthy people are aware of dream thieves and were prepared. It's really a perfect movie for me. Up there with sci-fi movies like Blade Runner and the recent sequel which was far better than I was expecting it to be.

unclefred likes this.
  11. unclefred

unclefred Member

I liked both of those films for sure. I'm just about ready for a rewatch of the Blade Runner sequel.