I FINALLY saw Cannibal Ferox

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Coverdale, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

A few days ago I finally saw Cannibal Ferox. I picked it up at the store with some of my birthday money. It's long been on my to-watch/to-buy list but other DVDs just kept taking precedence over it.

Overall, I think it is a worthy entry in the cannibal sub-sub-genre, even though I still think Cannibal Holocaust remains the gold standard. I think it ties with Jungle Holocaust for 2nd place as far as my favorite cannibal films. John Morghen is the man and I was glad to see him teamed up with Lorraine De Selle after liking them in House on the Edge of the Park together.

I'd like to pick up Man From Deep River soon. I saw it at Best Buy a while back in one of those Shriek Show 3-packs with two other films I'd never heard of before.

2. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox are masterpieces of Euro Horror.

3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I love the Ferox ;) For some reason, this movie doesn't gross me out (Cannibal Holocaust...that's a different story, there!). Oddly, I love watching the New York City scenes - they're so 'grindhouse'-y! My favorite feature on the USA DVD is the latenight screening footage on good ol' Hollywood Blvd. I remember seeing an ad posted on the 'net when that happened - and wanting to be there to see Gates of Hell.

4. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

my opinion, when u factor in story and overall feel of the film...i like MAN FROM DEEP RIVER best....

5. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Storywise, Man From Deep River is pretty good. But overall I was a little disappointed. I enjoy Holocuast & Ferox though.

6. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

sure don't get me wrong i'm a fan of ferox and holocaust aswell, and they have a huge following and fanbase, but, man from deep river just apealed to me more, it's a personal preference...

7. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

maybe because i saw it after the other cannibal films, but i'm bored with man from deep river

to me, this is some kind of half-baked love story in the jungle, but with some gore and LOTS of animal cruelty

8. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

You make Man From Deep River sound like a watered-down version of Jungle Holocaust...

9. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

It sort of is, Coverdale, but don't let that deter you. That Cannibal Lunch Box set is pretty cheap. Even though Blood Feast 2 sucks (rated OR unrated, haha) at least you get Warlock Moon which is kinda fun and MFDR to complete your cannibal collection.

10. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

Thanks...I'll probably get it, but my collection will be far from complete.;) I don't have Eaten Alive yet either.

11. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

My God, man! What are you waiting for? You can get Shriek Show's Jungle Horrors Triple Feature pretty cheap. Looks like you'd be stuck with an extra copy of Jungle Holocaust though. Have you seen Massacre in Dinosaur Valley? :banana:

12. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

Yeah I might have to do that...because I really want Dinosaur Valley and Eaten Alive.