I Feel like an Idiot!

Discussion in 'General' started by addicted2dvd, Sep 28, 2010.

1. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

Like many of you... every year I have a big horror marathon in October. But to prepare myself... make sure I am really in the mood I will abstain from horror for a while beforehand. Making it easier to get through the month of horror.

But on another site I was once again dared to increase the length that I abstain from horror. This happened to me last year too... and like an idiot I accepted. So I have not watched a horror movie since June 20th! That is right... as of today it has been 100 days since I watched a horror movie! And worst part about it... I get nothing out of it except the extreme desire to watch a horror movie right at the stroke of midnight on October 1st.

The first month to a month and a half wasn't too bad. I was able to get through it with little trouble. But as of late I found my mood has really changed and been very short with people. I even got into a little argument with my brother and he ended up telling me to go watch a horror so we can have the normal Pete back! :p

Thankfully I only have to make it through a couple more days and then I can dig right in and watch all the horror I can take for an entire month!

I don't care how much crap I have to take... next year I will not be abstaining from horror for anywhere near this long! The month before will be more then enough time.

Has any of you abstained at all from horror to get ready for next month? Or am I the only idiot around here? :p

2. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Yes, I have. It's been over 40+ days now. But, not including commentaries or bonus features 'cause I put on the director's commentary to Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter just this morning. But I wasn't watching the tv. It was background noise while I continued to hack at my list of movies for the 30 days of October. Re-arrange again, for the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks.

3. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

That is one thing I could never do... plan ahead on what to watch. I find I am never in the mood for what I planned when the time comes. I even tried to plan something for the next morning... and still by the time the morning came I changed my mind... my mood changed that quickly.

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok. I dare you to wait until November 1st to watch a horror movie.

5. can't be done!! impossible!

6. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

Nope... my dare days are over! :p

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

It's OK, it dosen't mean the end of the world. When you wanna watch a horror film, the time will come. Besides, I haven't watch any of the Halloween films for possibly a year.

8. Darryl Revok

Darryl Revok New Member

question: how do you guys find time to watch so many movies? do you guys like take a month vacation from work in October? just curious

9. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

Pretty easy for me... as I am not working right now.

10. i don't have time to watch alot of movies, i got coursework!

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I've never understood when people ask me how do you have time for all these movies. It's really pretty easy to watch a movie a day. The average American spends 5 hours a night watching TV be it sports, sitcoms or reality shows etc. I personally prefer to spend that time watching a movie or even 2 instead.

http://www.lsureveille.com/entertai...-hours-and-49-minutes-of-tv-per-day-1.2090610

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  12. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I can understand not having time. I could never watch a movie a day. With my job, and other responsibilities and interests, watching one movie a day would be totally impossible. Plus, I like to read, listen to music and on some nights, I just don't feel like a movie. There are evenings when I prefer TV, or..nothing on at all.. no TV, Stereo..nothing. I guess it depends on how active you are with other things, whether it be in your community or socially, etc.. I watch many more films during fall and winter than spring or summer. I rarely have time during the summer and there are too many things to do outdoors rather then being couped up in the house.

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I've only watched 1 or 2 actuall Horror movies this month, and it's been extremely difficult! Since, June 20th????? I'd kill someone.

14. make believe

make believe New Member

I haven't been watching much horror as of late unless you count watching an episode of Melissa and Joey which was more horrific than any movie in my collection. I did watch Zombie Holocaust recently though but nothing else as far as horror goes. Just haven't been in the mood.

Watching a movie a day, free time or not, can be a pain. Watching a tv show is less demanding and you get more breaks in between where a movie requires far more attention and sometimes you're just not in the mood to sit for 90 minutes. Other times I can watch a couple movies or sometimes 3 in a row but then not be in the mood again for a movie for a few days. Then there is times where I spend half hour deciding what to watch, then either it gets too late or I say screw it and put on King of the Hill episodes instead.

15. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

That's what I was thinking, too. I don't have a boyfriend, family ties, and considering how little I sleep- it's just one month. Everyone I know knows how sacred October is to me. So, no one is surprised that I try to watch movies during all the free time I've got. I can't make anyone else want to sit through a bunch of "old 70's and 80's flicks" since most everyone is addicted to the shit millennium. But... you can't put a family on hold. So, I guess I'm glad I don't have one. I don't live at work. And... what about all those people who do that 30 days NaNoWr thing? I think that's the title. Those people who force themselves to write a whole novel in one month, as a kind of group contest thing? Do they all have no lives too?

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I've pretty much skipped horror movies for this month. I think I watched a few in the early days of September but nothing since. Now I'm just aching for October to get here.

17. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

At least it isn't much of a wait now... the day after tomorrow! I am planning on going to bed extra early tomorrow evening and set my alarm so I can pop in the first disc right at the stroke of midnight! :)

18. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I already started October early on the 25th and 26th. I watched 2 horror movies on the 25th, and 4 on the 26th, and a 5th movie, which was not horror, Cheech & Chong's Next Movie.

19. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

I am trying to decide what movie to watch first tomorrow morning. I do know I want it to be one I never seen before. I was thinking possibly one of the following...

[​IMG]
    The Wolfman (2010)

[​IMG]
    Village of the Damned (1960)

[​IMG]
    Trick 'r Treat

I am still not 100% sure... but these seem to be the top three that I really want to see right now. I have heard good things about all 3 here. Though I have also heard a few not so good things about The Wolfman also.

Any opinions on the movies above?

20. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

I just looked at the reviews on this site... it seems Chunkblower didn't care too much for either Trick 'r Treat (C+) or The Wolfman (D+)... but couldn't find a review for Village of the Damned/Children of the Damned. Funny... thought I seen a review for it here in the past.