Horror Streaming Screambox vs Shudder etc

Discussion in 'General' started by othervoice1, Oct 12, 2015.

1. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

So I've been on Shudder about a month now and so far, so good. A good varied selection from newer stuff like Lake Mungo to titles like Slaughter Hotel and Burial Ground, which I watched this weekend. I've only watched on Apple TV so can only speak for that but the streaming quality has been excellent.

The real question will be after my year is up will they have added enough new titles to make it worth renewing. We'll see but so far it's a thumbs up for me.

2. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I've been a member for about a year and a half. I get an email each week with their new stuff. Content has not been an issue at all. I use a Roku and my IPad and both have been excellent quality.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Last year, a few of Shudder's most mediocre movies made it to blu-ray: Found Footage 3D, Dead Shack, Don't Grow Up. I wasn't expecting more since they lead with some of their weaker titles.

It looks like several more will be making their way to physical media from October - December:

October 8th:
    Ruin Me DVD
    Gwen Blu-ray or DVD
    Last Ones Out DVD

October 15th:
    The Noonday Witch Blu-ray

November 12th:
    Small Town Killers Blu-ray

December 3rd:
    Christmas Presence DVD
    Boar DVD

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have no idea how they chose which ones are getting blu-rays, but go figure, the only one I want to own is DVD only (Ruin Me). How disappointing and random. I can't imagine the movies they did select for blu-ray flying off the shelves.

Still no Lake Bodom or Downrange, but this gives me hope. Of course, I guarantee those will be DVD only as well.

Workshed and othervoice1 like this.
  4. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Where's "Terrified" ?!?! Creepiest movie I've seen in years. Really hoping that comes to disc.

Workshed, othervoice1 and hots4 like this.