Horror movie sequels with the best killer resurrections

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

One thing I really miss from today's horror films is the awesome resurrection scenes in sequels of killers killed in creative ways in the previous installment. I remember how I first saw the resurrection of Chucky in Child's Play 2 and when I found out there was going to be a CP3 I was really excited to see how Chucky would be resurrected from the melted plastic remains and the blood in the plastic mix resurrection scene is great. Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and Friday the 13th Part VI also have great resurrection scenes. It's a shame the next Chucky and Jason films won't have a resurrection scene in the next film. The Leprechaun films should have had continuity and resurrection. What are your favorite horror sequels resurrections? My favorite resurrection scenes are from Child's Play 2 and 3, Friday the 13th part 6 and 8, and Nightmare on Elm Street 4.

2. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I always loved the Nightmare 4 and Friday 6 resurrection scenes. For Elm Street 4, the effects involved with putting Freddy back together was incredibly well done. The music is great and Englund was in top form. Friday 6's resurrection is just an iconic part of the series.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Nothing has ever beat the resurrection of Dracula in Hammer's Dracula: Prince of Darkness. Unlike most horror sequels which are generally pretty quickly made and slapdash, Hammer waited several years to bring back their beloved horror icon and it lived up to expectations. The scene where Dracula's servant kills one of the main cast and then hangs the body over the coffin and slit his throat to let the blood drips on the count's ashes is still pretty darned effective nearly 50 years later, IMO.

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I always thought the Friday 6 resurrection was awful. It's probably the worst part of that movie IMO (and it's a really great sequel).

~Matt

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Always found that scene a little silly to be honest, I couldn't help but think it was like those "just add water" products. Drop of blood and tadaaaaa, a full sized vampire!

Always liked the Friday 6 one, they made it feel like a pretty big event, and it was done well with the lightning, the close-up of his maggoty eye, and just the whole frenzied pace with Tommy and Horshack in a mad rush to dispel of the killer once and for all.

6. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

King Kong Lives: the artificial heart transplant and "Lady Kong's" blood transfusion after Kink Kong was in a coma for ten years :D

7. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Radu's resurrection in the Subspecies films.

8. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement... minus the "it's a really great sequel part". :D

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Lol. I always felt part 6 was one of the best sequels. Part 4 and 6 IMO are the best ones. Part 2 is creepy and I watched it recently after not having seen it in maybe 6 or 7 years but you know what? Friday the 13th and Friday the 13th part 2 are the exact same movie. They basically just replaced Mrs. Voorhees with Jason.

~Matt

10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I love the Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason resurrection. How Jason jumps up and grabs Tommy. And the music for that scene is great too.