HD poll

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by betterdan, Oct 15, 2005.

?

I am curious as of right now how many people on this board have an HDTV (or HD projec

1. Yes I have an HDTV or HD capable projector and I receive HD signals

29.8%
  2. Yes I have an HDTV or HD capable projector but I don't receive HD signals

25.5%
  3. What the fuck are you talking about? I don't care about HD

44.7%
  1. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Hi-def broadcasts won't start in the UK until June next year. However, I'm going to be buying a DVD player that upscales current DVD's to hi-def resolution....

2. latenite

latenite Guest

Bought a 36" Sony WEGA TV (non-HD) in spring 2004. Recently, the TV was dropped during the move into our new house and now half the screen is always purple when turned on :( so I'm having a TV repairman come this weekend. If his estimate is more than the cost of the TV, which was only $650, I'll buy the Sony KD-34XBR960 HDTV and receive HD signals.

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

An HD antenne costs about $30 I'm told and most can be installed in your attic. You can just take that when you move.

We've got a 52" RCA DLP.

We've got Comcast digital cable and DVHS, which is most useful as a way to record true HD content but the few 1080i DVHS's I own are freakin` sweet. We've got Something Weird on OnDemand now so that's easily making it worth while for me. :D Plus House MD in HighDef on Fox and of course all the HD sports. OnDemand programming is great and digital recording has been a gold mind, especially all this month as TCM has been airing some fun stuff like Todd Browning's lesser knows like Mark of the Vampire and Devil Doll.

4. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

i'm all about my HD programming right now. if i were to have seen this thread a few months ago i would have said i don't give a shit. but now, i was gonna start a thread about how kick ass a channel PBS is. i watched a program this morning in HD about some camels in austrailia and a baby camel died and the mom came back to the spot two days in a row where the body was and cried and you could see the tears coming out of her eyes:cry: but it looked so so good. i want cox to pick up more programming right now. i keep seeing ads for national geographic in HD and i want that channel bad. what are these upscale dvd players you guys are talking about? someone post a link to like the cheapest one avaliable:D

5. mkayers

mkayers Member

I have a Mitsubishi 52" DLP. Got it in December. Love HD, mostly sports. I have Dish Network & get my locals with a $50 antenna in my attic. The wife could care less about it though. Like wizzer says, you'll end up watching stupid shows about bugs just because it's in HD. I couldn't live without it now.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

where's the: No I don't have a HDTV ????

no middle ground on poll.

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Just use the I don't give a shit about HD option even if you do give a shit and don't have an HD set. ;)

Glad to see you are enjoying HD Wiz and MKayers.

8. tuscani

tuscani Guest

I have both HD capable DishNetwork receiver and and Antenna for locals and mainly football :)

These may help a few poeple out looking for the correct antenna
    www.antennaweb.org - helps you choose the correct antenna via location
    www.antennasdirect.com - great prices and service

9. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I hope they evened out that camels skin, Wizzer. Apparently actors and actresses are getting concerned their blemishes will be exposed by hi-def. Did it look like a surprisingly young mother camel, or did they leave it natural looking?

10. Chad

Chad Member

Don't own one yet. However, I plan too in the very near future.

But as far as the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD formats go...I'm holding out on purchasing either until ONE format is settled upon. Not going to risk having another VHS/BetaMax fiasco happening again.

11. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

haha, i was actually watching something with that edward james olmos and MAN his face is fucked up. i think alot of actresses have shitty looking skin from wearing so much make up all the time.

12. Franco

Franco Weekender

I currently watch my movies in a Panasonic Tau 29" (non-HD).

Also, no HDTV here yet. DirecTV just entered the market some days ago:
    http://www.directv.com.pe

But it kinda sucks 'cuz it doesn't include lots of funny local TV channels in their programmes plus it doesn't have CMD (a channel of local soccer and other sports that 99% of the cable population watches) and Canal N (a news channel). And their TV spot sucks too.

13. drown021

drown021 Guest

I picked up a 51' Sony HDTV a few months ago and got Dish Network with some HD broadcasts.Holy Crap, what a difference HD makes. I wish all the channels were broadcast in HD. The SD channels look kinda crappy on the HDTV though but are normal on my regular tv's. I am looking forward to the HD-Dvd's also.

14. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Since there wasn't an option for those that don't have HD but want it, I went with #3. I'd like to have an HD set eventually, but I'm not in a major rush.