Halloween DVD Deals/Displays 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by BroodingHope, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Not much I was excited about at Big Lots.Loads of PROM NIGHT remake DVDs (and APRIL FOOLS DAY's retread as well) plus the I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER trio and full frames of CRY WOLF.The Bela Lugosi oldie RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE is selling for $5.00 and you might still snag a snapper cased copy of the original THE HAUNTING for three bucks.Like all of their Warner's discs though the box for THE HAUNTING has that wicked little slash on it just to let the world know it's a cut out.I've always hated that,slicing the case so ''it ain't purdy no more" !

2. DeathCurse

DeathCurse New Member

I agree! And you can't even replace the case for The Haunting (even though the artwork would remain slashed regardless). One thing I did with some $3 Warner DVDs from Big Lots is to replace them with blu-rays for about $5 each through Warner's dvd2blu.com. I probably didn't save much money vs. just buying the blu-rays, though, since some of the titles can often be found for $8-10 in hi-def. It was a good way to get rid of some slashed DVDs, though, and it was really pretty quick and simple. I hope they update their selection one day, though, to include titles newer to blu-ray like Logan's Run.

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Oh man, I came close to spending that much on Blu's tonight at Best Buy too. I just grabbed Hatchet, Halloween (Remake), Halloween 2 (Remake), Hostel, Frozen and The Collector for like $67. I was thinking of getting Dead Snow, Evil Dead and Army of Darkness but held off.

Another movie to note they had on sale was House of the Devil for $9.99. That's a good deal for that flick.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Here's an article about it being sold out: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5262

So, it would seem that some remaining copies are still out there to buy... you just have to find them and be sure to notice the cover differences between the two versions.

I'm glad I picked it up early now! :evil:

5. Mutilated Prey

"Those interested in this title should note that this week Best Buy is offering The Evil Dead for $9.99. Some forum members are reporting having found the two-disc set at their local stores, whereas at others it was already sold out."

Yeah, I combed thru the copies at my local Best Buy in case they had a Limited Edition and it was all the single disc'ers. I'm going to check the one near my office tomorrow.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

In slightly different news, after many weeks of pawing through the Jewel Halloween aisles they finally have Count Chocula, Boo Berry and Frankenberry for sale. $2.50 each. I picked up two boxes of the good count, but they were down to nearly none left!

7. Mutilated Prey

Guy, it's all about the Boooooooo Berry!

They had some in my Target this time last year for yeah, $2.50! I should go check it out again :)

8. bgart13

bgart13 New Member

Stopped by a second BB yesterday, only had four copies of the single disc blu-ray of EVIL DEAD. Booo...

9. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Good idea,I hadn't thought about that.

10. Mutilated Prey

Just checked another BestBuy and all they ahd was the single disc Evil Dead Blu.

Checked out the Waddle-Mart too and it sucked - nothing exciting going on there.

11. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I went to my local Wal-Mart, and they had no special display for Halloween up yet, and they weren't sure when they were going to. I probably already have what they will be putting out, if they do. I purchased the LE Evil Dead Blu-Ray disc on September 4th, even though I don't currently have a Blu-Ray, money reasons, and I had a strange feeling that it was going to be very Limited. It's right next to my Ultimate Edition DVD of Evil Dead.

12. bgart13

bgart13 New Member

Took a chance when the price suddenly dropped on Amazon the other night. My copy arrived from Amazon today and it's the LE blu-ray! Score!!

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

FutureShop in Canada has some pretty good in-store horror Blu-ray deals. Examples: Return of the Living Dead - $9.99, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - $14.99, Cabin Fever (Director's Cut) - $7.99.

Those are only the ones I remember off the top of my head.

14. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Yeah..same here. I couldn't find any of the LE discs. I might try another BB about 30 miles from me this weekend. It's a larger store than most, and it often has one or two copies of LE's discs. Maybe I'll get lucky.

15. DeathCurse

DeathCurse New Member

Deep Discount has started their Autumn Sale with 20% off some items. I picked up The Beyond for just over $13.50 and Tourist Trap for $6.03.