Halloween DVD Deals/Displays 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by BroodingHope, Oct 1, 2010.

1. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all post the deals and/or displays that we've found of various horror movies either online or in the brick-and-mortar stores.

2. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Was in Best Buy a few days ago and they had a big $4.99 DVD bin. Not all were horror titles but I picked up THE SHORTCUT (2009 Anchor Bay) and BLOOD BATH 12 MOVIE COLLECTION (2010 Mill Creek.) They had some of the SAW movies and HIS NAME WAS JASON but I already had those. JUMANJI was one of the non-horror titles I recall. Probably not worth a special trip but if you're there...

Also they had an endcap with some $9.99 titles, or two for $13. Got ARMY OF DARKNESS and DRAG ME TO HELL. I'm pretty sure they had the other 2 EVIL DEAD movies in the deal but most of the titles were non-horror. FLASH GORDON (1980) and WANTED (2008 Anjelina Jolie) were two I remember.

Mostly I noticed they've really cut down their DVD & CD sections. Horror DVDs barely filled two sparse shelves.

3. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Was in Wal-Mart earlier and their Halloween section was pathetic. Prices ranged from $7.50 - $13 and they had mostly newer titles like The Stepfather, Unborn, and The Last House on the Left remake. They did have a two separate Leprechaun 3-packs (1,2,3 & 4, In Da Hood, In Da hood 2) for $7.50 each. They also had a few new $5 bin movies like the Hellraiser Special Edition, Fright Night, etc. Nothing big.

I saw on Youtube though that someone picked up a 4 movie pack from Wal-Mart that had Slaughter High, Repossessed, Silent Night Deadly Night 3, and another movie I don't remember. If anyone finds this could you please let me know the price and where exactly in your store it was located? I'd love to have this set.

4. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster Member

That set you're talking about has been in my neck of the woods for months. 5 bucks for all 4 of those titles, but they're on two flipper discs.

5. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Damn, that's a hell of a deal. I think I'll have to go hunting today.

6. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster Member

Oh, and for the record, the 4th movie is "My Best Friend is a Vampire." For what it's worth, my store had them on an endcap, not in a 5 dollar bin or with the other 5 dollar movies.

7. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

How much was the Last House on the Left remake?

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

You can get the Blu Ray of that right now at www.barnesandnoble.com for $9.99.

9. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Funny enough, it was $13 in it's regular position on the shelf but it's $7.50 on the Halloween display.

10. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Same here..their displays change about every four goddamned months. There are more folks working in the electronics dept that anywhere else in the frickin store and I couldn't get any help to save my life. Walmart is, for the most part..shit. I've taken the advice from a lot of folks on this board and I've finally started ordering from Amazon. Haven't had a problem yet and I can usually get everything I want.

11. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

I should have picked up "Cornered!" when Wal-Hell had it for 10 bucks a few weeks ago.Everywhere else wants $22-28 for it! Nice little play off my fave slasher Intruder,but not worth more than $12 at the most.You can get some good deals on the lower budget horror tho'.

12. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I have pretty much everything Wal-mart had in their Halloween section, except Twilight Zone: The Movie. So I bought that.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

DeepDiscount's got Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door on Blu-ray for $7.89.

14. Darryl Revok

Darryl Revok New Member

KMART had a display of a couple Lion's Gate films ranging from $5 - $7.99.

Children of the Corn
    Hellraiser
    John Carpenter's Halloween
    Sleepaway Camp
    and a couple others

Standard DVD in eco case with a Anchor Bay "horror collection" slipcover

I snagged Sleepaway Camp for $5 a few days ago

I'll have to check out that second Leprechaun pack.

15. Mutilated Prey

BestBuy is rockin some sweet Blu-Ray deals right now...

Trick or Treat - $7.99
    Blair Witch Project - $.9.99
    High Tension - $7.99

16. philxus

philxus New Member

..........Got Hellraiser-Hellworld from the $5.00 bin you mention this morning.

17. DeathCurse

DeathCurse New Member

Morning Haul

Thanks for all of the tips... went out this morning and got the original Children of the Corn, Blair Witch Project, Fright Night, and the My Best Friend Is a Vampire/Repossessed/Slaughter High/Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 4-pack (it was with the shelved $5 dvds) from Wal-Mart for $5 each. I saw Halloween II and a few other horror, but they were all ones I already have.

Picked up Elvira Mistress of the Dark ($5), The Howling SE ($10 but the holographic of all things wore me down), Sleepaway Camp ($5) from K-Mart.

Also got Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 ($5) and Candyman SE ($5) from Big Lots.

Off to Best Buy in a few to see what they have.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

They've been rocking these for at least a month, ever since Blair Witch and Tension came out they've been that price. Same with Trick, same price since the other BD's came out. I would think th sale has to end sometime though, so if you haven't got em yet, I wouldn't keep waiting. $7.99 is cheaper than most used stores here.

19. Mutilated Prey

Right on - I actually hadn't been there in like 2 months, so I went in yesterday on a whim and was psyched to pick those up so cheap. Already had Trick r' Treat though. Jeez, I think I paid $20 for that last year - major price drop.

20. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Okay boys and ghouls...Best Buy has a fucking amazing Blu-Ray sale THIS WEEK ONLY,AS FAR AS I KNOW:

I picked up 14 Blu discs for $155.35: I got Vacancy, Hostel, The Evil Dead, Dead Snow, Frozen, Hatchet(UR), the Grudge, Prom Night (remake), The Craft, Underword, Underworld: Evolution, Daybreakers, The Collector, and Orphan.

I paid $12.99 each for Daybreakers and The Collector. The other 12 were $9.99 each.

They also have a shitload of others that I already have: Carrie, The Mist, Child's Play, Drag Me to Hell, Resident Evil (all 3), Saw 1-5, Van Helsing, The Strangers, The Crazies (new and old), Halloween II (UR Zombie), Day of the Dead (1985 and remake, Dawn of the Dead (1978), Diary of The Dead, Army of Darkness, Hellboy, Godzilla (1998), The Last House on the Left (remake), The Unborn, Deathproof (and the other whose name eludes me at the moment), and many more.

The also have advertised online: Pulse and Black Christmas, but I couldn't find them in the store or I would have bought them as well.