Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Why not? It's absolutely free. Anchor Bay is footing the bill.

The more copies they have to replace, maybe Anchor Bay will start to think "hmm... perhaps we should start quality checking our releases?"

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeah, sending an email takes 30 seconds.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I was surprised to receive mine today, considering it's Veteran's Day. I didn't think mail ran, but apparently Fed Ex does.

4. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I threw out my couch potato receipt:(
    I have the email receipt which only shows the $79.99 but no item description...not sure if that's enough:confused:

5. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Received my replacement today, in S.E. Michigan. I spot-checked a few scenes, and the audio is fixed. No discussion panel, and same artwork as the 2012 disc, except for the catalog number. The 2012 disc is BD25671, the faulty box set disc is BD00693, and replacement is BD00745. I'm probably going to put the 2012 disc in the box set (to keep the discussion panel), the faulty disc in a paper envelope in the box set case (Just to have), and pass the replacement (in the 2012 case, along w/ 2012 H5) on to my parents (who don't care about extras).

I actually requested two (I bought an extra set as a gift), but only got one replacement. I will wait a few days (in case they were shipped separately), and contact AB again. I'm actually interested to see if AB is listening to feedback, and will use the correct art on the second (post-11/14) batch.

6. Mutilated Prey

That's all I sent them - a screen shot of my email receipt. Has the address and everything on it - didn't really see much of a difference between that and the one that came in the box.

7. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Why the hell not? It's free and easy. One, AB should have to pay for their incompetence, and two, the original disc is faulty. Without the replacement, you have an incomplete / defective set. What if you ever want to sell it?

Can you look up your order history on the site you bought it from? That should have items and prices.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Blu-rays are pretty tough to scratch, but I am surprised they didn't at least use a slightly thicker cardboard disc mailer, like Criterion did with the Eraserhead replacement disc. Anchor Bay simply used an oversized flimsy paper envelope for a single disc. But I guess people aren't receiving damaged discs?

:lol: Now that would be a miracle!

9. Mutilated Prey

I actually sent them the email receipt with the shipping confirmation. It seems to have everything on it but the price - lol. I'm sure it'll work.

10. 808man

808man New Member

Halloween 4 replacement Blu-ray disc for the Complete Box Set showed up today. Anyone else? Thumbs up to Anchor Bay for making this right!

[​IMG]

11. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

I can confirm that the above disc and the 2012 release do have different BD numbers. The 2012 release is BD25671 and the replacment above is BD00745. So the replacment is not the same disc but rather just reauthored without the 4/5 panel discussion.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I still haven't emailed them. What's the email you have to send your proof of purchase in to?

~Matt

13. thing

thing Well-Known Member

ABEHalloween4@starz.com

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Sweet thanks. Done.

~Matt

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Just got my replacement disc today in Australia.

16. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I received my replacement discs for Halloween 4 and the Halloween (2007) bonus disc which was missing from my set. The guy from Anchor Bay that I dealt with was wonderful. The bonus disc was replaced with no questions asked.

17. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

I sent the email request on 10/22, no acknowledgement of receipt of email, still no replacement disc. Very disappointed.

18. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I didn't have a receipt + my address is a p.o. box. Haven't heard a word, don't know if they'll honor it for me. But the used market is flooded with H4 blus...I'll just grab a copy someday for peanuts and keep it inside the set's case in a paper envelope. Catering to overseas first, that's nice.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  19. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I never received a shipping confirmation. I sent the purchase confirmation email which has the the price but not the item description. We'll see what happens.

20. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Got my Halloween 4 replacement disc. Happy to have it!

Just watched Halloween H20. First time watching in hi def. Great picture quality, although it seemed a hair dark. Not too dark though, and it actually helped the movie, IMO. As for the movie, H20 has always been one of my least favorites but I really enjoyed it this time. Very flawed, but a good flick.

Random thoughts:

Why wasn't Michael burned? They even mention that Laurie saw him burn but he had no marks on his hands at all. Strange.

Chris Durand was a lousy Michael. His walk and movements are all wrong.

The score wasn't that good. Not a fan of Ottman's stuff and the Marco Beltrami score doesn't really fit a Halloween movie.

The ever changing mask is especially obvious in hi def. It's a shame because the main mask they did thr reshoots with actually looked pretty good.

Jamie Lee Curtis was excellent and you could tell she was really having a blast. It was nice to see her back in the franchise.

Do you think Josh Hartnett could ever be lured back? He seems like he might do it and it would be interesting to see what his character has been up to.

Anyway, flawed film but I enjoyed it more during this viewing than I ever have.