Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. rift

rift New Member

That's what I did, just made sure to include a photo of the upc bar code and said where I bought it etc.

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

3. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Let me ask this: does the H4 disc on the new set have anything on it that wasn't on the last blu release of this one? I know there is new H4 features on the bonus disc, but I didn't think this disc was any different than the last AB release. If it's the same I will just swap out the two and keep the old one with the new set.

4. jstell

jstell Member

No - in fact the last BR release has something on it that is not on the new disc: a panel discussion regarding H4 and H5. Swapping out the discs makes total sense since you gain an extra with no loss in audio/visual quality.

5. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Well actually the original h4 release also had a sync issue but much earlier in the film. The new sync issue was caused when they tried to correct that. The replacement disc will have both sync issues fixed

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I had never bought the Halloween 4 or 5 blu-rays before buying this set, only had the DiviMax DVDs. I was surprised by how good Halloween 5 looked in hi-def after seeing how weak Halloween 4 looked. I was expecting another lame transfer from Anchor Bay, but I'm glad they at least did a decent job on 5.

7. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

5 looks MUCH better than 4. Makes me want to cry.

For those who might be worried about this set going OOP it's back in stock at Amazon. Price is slightly up from the low point last week.

8. rift

rift New Member

I think I've come around and actually enjoy 5 more than 4 now

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Same here. For me, 4 is just so boring...even the cinematography is engaging. I think it's my least favorite of the original series, although I have admittedly not seen 8 since it came out.

10. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Yeah, if you think part 4 is the worst, you REALLY need to watch Resurrection again before you make that declaration.

11. thing

thing Well-Known Member

4 is the best sequel for me, 5 is a bit of a mess with some good moments

12. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I know many on this site like 5, but I am shocked by people saying they hate 4.

13. shape22

5 is an AWFUL movie that I enjoy tremendously. But I honestly don't see any way you can OBJECTIVELY argue that 5 is better than 4. I understand liking it more than 4. We all have different preferences. But I challenge anyone to find a mainstream review that gives H5 even 2 stars. Critics were kinder to Resurrection. That has to count for something.

5 definitely adheres more to the traditional slasher template, which I know a lot of you guys like. But what's GOOD about it? The script, characters, and acting are all ridiculously subpar. It was shot in a hurry to capitalize on the success of 4. And it's apparent in every frame. It reminds me of a Fulci film. In some contexts that might be a compliment. This definitely isn't one of situations.

No one needs to defend liking H5 more. But I'd love for someone to explain how it could possibly be considered a BETTER movie. And I'm not trying to bust chops. I'm genuinely curious.

14. CPT HOOK

I think 4 is better than 5, but 5 is still pretty damn entertaining and highly rewatchable. The entire Tower Farm sequence is pretty fantasic.

P.S. I love Tina! "Someday when you get older, you're gonna meet people who make you feel like your heart is made out of neon!" Well Tina, you make my heart feel like it's made out of neon. Bah bah da and good night.

15. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

4 is so boring. It's in the bottom half of the series for me.

5 is wonderful! From a series point of view, ok, I get it. 5 muddles things up more than 4. And even then, the hobo keeping Myers is totally bizarre.

But aside from these, on its own (oh, ignore the cops too...) while watching it I struggle to find what is so AWFUL about it. I feel that Tina is a big reason is gets bogged down, but she is by far my favorite person in the series. Colorful. Unique. Buh buh baaa!

For once Loomis isn't useless in the Jamie arch. He actually confronts Michael, bashes his head in, and there is a huge pit to pull from with Jamie not speaking up about Myers because she is too traumatized. The cinematography is also far more accomplished and detailed, whereas 4 is just like "herp, blue lighting is all we need to do" :p Except the gas station scene where Loomis sees Michael. Now THAT was good.

I just don't see how 5 can be looked at as abominable, but 4 is somehow the best sequel for a lot of people. Nothing in that film really stands out.

16. shape22

Thanks for your input, CPT HOOK! We definitely have divergent opinions of Tina. Given the opportunity to PERSONALLY KILL just 1 horror movie character, I'd almost certainly choose her. I HATE Tina! She's shrill. She's irritating. But what really bugs me is that she essentially replaces the extremely down-to-Earth and likable Rachel. I find that hard to justify practically or dramatically. Ellie Cornell is a better actress. She also shares superior chemistry with Danielle Harris. And her character is Jamie's step-sister. Their relationship gives H4 the dramatic foundation that's completely lacking in H5. Prematurely killing off Rachel to make room for Tina is one of many H5 decisions that I consider to be indefensible and baffling. Like so many other things about H5 it just doesn't make a lick of sense.

Do you find her attractive? I generally prefer dark-haired women. But Wendy Kaplan doesn't do a thing for me.

17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I like that part 5 has a lot of Michael looming in the background of shots. It seems to be more well thought out in that regard. Part 4 is ok but lately I've found more enjoyment out of 5. The one thing that always struck me off with the film is how everyone is cool with Jamie even though she murdered her mother in the previous film. That always felt off to me.

18. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

She attacked her stepmother, but she didn't kill her. Also, I suppose they took into account her age and the trauma she had sustained being stalked by her uncle. And c'mon, how can you stay mad at cute little Danielle Harris?

19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Because she's annoying as hell as a mute in that film? :confused:

I feel like the other characters should have at least been concerned about her mental state but they just act all peachy to her instead. I still find the film enjoyable but like I said, that aspect never sat right.

20. CPT HOOK

After rewatching Curse Of Michael Myers tonight (theatrical cut, I'm saving the producer's cut until after I've finished the series), anyone else think the cult stuff was a missed opportunity to tie it all back into III: Season Of The Witch?