Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

No unrated version of Jason goes to Hell was the deal breaker for me. It makes no sense at all to only include the R rated version. And no, the digital version does not count.

2. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

By the sound of it yes. The make up guy said they contacted Don Posts who made the original William Shattner mask and they used the original mold to cast the new mask and sent the prodcution 3 masks.

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

What? Friday 4 looks amazing. The graininess is the fault of the film source dude, not the transfer. Halloween 4 certainly looks worse.

The transfers of 4-8 I thought were quite impressive. The only that looked disappointing was part 3 but again, inherent in the film source and not the transfer.

~Matt

4. Harrycanyon

Harrycanyon Banned Mofo

This is IT! THE boxset of the year and Scream Factory's best release ever with the upcoming Vincent Price Collection part 2 and Nightbreed 3-disc LE as possible contenders.

They did a great job collecting the entire movies and adding also some new extras and FINALLY the Producer's Cut on BD for the first time to the public. They did a great HD PQ restoration with new detail and quality coloring as it's better than those bootlegs fans held on to.

5. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

After being totally pissed at the flimsy, thin cardboard slipcase issued with the last complete blu-ray collection I purchased (the twilight zone @ twice the price...amazing set though). I was blown away by the physical package on the Halloween 15 disc set...custom black cases, nice original artwork & spines, sturdy matte finished quality slipcover. Sitting in my Blu-ray cabinet jack-o-lantern side facing out. It just warms the heart to admire...much more so than the Friday & Elm Street sets...I wish they were packaged like this. The first disc I'll watch, hopefully soon, will definitely be the producers cut of Curse of...

6. Stige

Stige Active Member

Saw Germany had part 3-5 in really special editions coming from nsm , curious as to how these will stack up...

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I've had all 3 for a couple of months - they're definitely unique. They are lenticular steelbooks designed by Nathan Thomas Milliner, the same guy who does work for Scream Factory. Incredibly, I have yet to check out the PQ on any of them. I wonder if anybody here would be willing to trade them for a sealed copy of the Halloween box. They're probably worth a lot more than the box set.

8. marcx

marcx Active Member

Ok I am looking for more detail on the extended cut of the first Halloween--I know the TV scenes are in SD, but what transfer is used for the HD scenes? Is it the old THX?

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I believe it's the new 35th Anniversary transfer.

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

I was wondering if the features were "borrowed" from this box set, documentaries and such.... being as how it is released on the second of October and had the commentaries I seem to remember reading. And sorry it wasn't NSM media books it was from something called Tiberius ( a company I presume)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  11. foller

foller Active Member

The Tiberius Amaray discs parts 3-5 are the same discs as in the NSM Steelbooks. It is just a different company that manages the broader distribution. Thus the extras are not taken from the new Anchor Bay/Shout set but were licenced from Anchor Bay when NSM released their first wave of these movies in Mediabooks about 2 years ago.

The German Blu Rays of H4 (Tiberius) and H20 (Studio Canal) complement the new U.S. set nicely since they - amongst others - also include all the major features for these two movies that the new U.S. Blus lack:

H4:
    -Audio Commentary with writer Alan B. McElroy; moderated by Halloweenmovies.com's Anthony Massey
    -Halloween 4/5 Discussion Panel

H20:
    -Unmasking The Terror
    -Creed Music Video

Sadly two minor features are still DVD exclusive:
    -Introduction by Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell (H4)
    -Trivia Game (H20)

What is this 'Trivia Game' about anyways?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Might pick up the German release of Halloween 4 then. How does the transfer stack up?

~Matt

13. foller

foller Active Member

I would suggest waiting for the reviews of the new discs which are about to be released on October 2nd. One never knows if the new pressings come without glitches. These new editions are not limited so there is no need rush.

14. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I gave away my DVDs to a friend when this set was announced, never having watched the "discussion panel" that is being mentioned so often. Was it really that great of an extra? Everyone was so up-in-arms about it not being included that I am considering asking my friend to let me borrow it back!

15. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

That discussion panel is ok, nothing to run out and get that disc again though. It was a decent watch (once) but nothing outstanding. Some people really love discussion panels, I don't get too excited about them so your mileage may vary.

16. marcx

marcx Active Member

Just watched the 6 P-cut--very impressive transfer...

17. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

So, has anyone else received sets from the TCM debacle?

18. Christy

Christy Member

No I got nothing on my end pretty much a lost cause by now. I am noticing a pattern of orders not shipped out in the order of received. Seems like if you ordered late at night before Midnight you got it. If you ordered in the early morning hours like me you got nothing. Or if you ordered before 6PM EST you got nothing so it seems. It's like they shipped out the back orders first and never shipped out the in stock orders. Pretty sure the scalpers who ordered 10+ box sets got it. I'm noticing a huge boat load of these limited edition sets on eBay. I might have to open a charge back claim if they don't refund my money soon. That is the other thing I am not going to pay for them mailing out cancelled orders. If TCM think they will break even stealing my money they are barking up the wrong tree.

Note: Sorry to everyone for this NON related Halloween TCM BS. Not trying to hijack this thread but this does need to be addressed. Thank you for understanding our dilemma which hopefully will get settled soon.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  19. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It's on topic, so it doesn't phase me at all.

20. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

After watching the Halloween 4 and 5 docs I'm really wishing Resurrection had one. Would be cool to hear some honest thoughts on the film. Looking forward to checking out the H20 doc next!