Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Lolzzzz...got mine. Badass.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I got my set from Amazon.ca yesterday. It took 2 days to arrive in Australia with the standard shipping option. I wish all post was that fast.

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Are we still getting charged for these? I don't care either way, but the stupidity would be amazing if we all got these for free.

4. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I would have to imagine that they will at least try to get the $19.98 at the very least. I don't even pretend to know all of the rules pertaining to this shit, so I'm not sure of the proper course of action the law allows them to take.

5. bigmix007

bigmix007 Member

sent u a message mikey

6. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Mines out for delivery from amazon. Will have it soon........

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

So there's still a chance I'll get a copy even though they "cancelled" my order like everyone else? I don't remember exactly when I ordered it but it was the same day that this lit the internet on fire (probably the Monday before the street date). Although if I haven't received it by now I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones. This TCM outfit doesn't seem to be very reliable when it comes to shipping - they still haven't shipped my copy of The Innocents.

8. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

If mine doesn't show up today I'm gonna guess I'm not one of the lucky ones.... had my order cancelled like everyone else, but I have no pending charge on my credit card so I don't know....probably won't show up.

9. Mikey Horror

Apparently the pattern seems to be that if you ordered it Sunday night (9/21) before midnight, there's a good chance you'll get it. Everyone receiving it in the mail seems to have ordered before midnight Sunday night.

10. Christy

Christy Member

Ya well I never got nothing on my end nor a refund of any sorts. Seems like some people are just randomly getting these. I ordered hours before anyone on this forum did go figure.

11. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Got mine from amazon.

12. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

got mine too, question about disc 1, there are 4 audio options, which one is the original mono 78 sound? 1, or 2? thanks..

13. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

compared the first 2 discs. definalty like the 35th anniversey color timing a lot better.

14. Mikey Horror

Yeah, the 35th Anniversary is how the film is supposed to look. According to Dean Cundey, the brightness was cranked up more and more over the years with each home video release that it just got so far away from what it was originally intended to look like. Some people prefer the 2007 transfer because it's what they're used to, but anyone who has grown up watching this on TV knows it was never that bright. I'll side with Dean Cundey on this one, you know, the actual DP on the film, before I listen to any of those armchair film preservationists over at blu-ray.com. In the end, we have the best of both worlds, so people are free to watch the one they prefer.

15. thing

thing Well-Known Member

yeah 2 days to NZ from amazon canada here, they are always so much better than anyone else.

16. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

I got the extra set from TCM and can't decide whether to keep it as a backup copy or to sell it. Did anyone else receive an extra copy? What did you do with it?

17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's definitely awesome to get it that fast.

On another not TCM haven't responded to an email I sent them about money still pending in my account for the set. It's been at least 2 days and their email said they'd get back to me in 24 hours...

18. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Holy crap the new Halloween 5 doc is cool. I so wanna see the alternate opening with Dr. Death, Michaels original unmasking scene and the alternate ending where Michael slaughters the S.W.A.T. team. Damn where is all this footage??

19. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

ronnie21, instead of multiple posts each time you write, ever heard of the word "EDIT"?

20. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I don't want to hijack this thread with this BS, but thought it was right to post it here. I got the 30% off code from TCM and at first could care less. Then I noticed they had the Twilight Time releases and even with shipping, they came out to $5 cheaper. So, I ordered Dogs of War, which was "in stock" and supposed to ship in 2-3 days. In 2 days, my order went from "in stock" to backordered. I called the 800 number and about lost my cool, telling off the person on the phone, saying that this company screwed everyone over with the Halloween deal and I gave them another chance and got screwed again. I'll never use them again and will tell everyone. Then an hour later I got a shipping notice via email for the Blu-Ray.