Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Help the environment or more like save a few $$ for the manufacturer? I say the latter. Besides, how many people actually throw away their cases? They're recyclable regardless. I dislike eco cases because it's easy to push a bit too hard on the sleeve and actually cause damage to the insert. Deal breaker for any purchase? No, but I do exchange them out with better cases when the chances arise. Though for a collector set, you would think they'd go a bit more out rather than a cheap typical release.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'd say a little bit of both. It obviously helps the environment when there's less plastic in each case. Even if you throw the case away, you're throwing away less plastic with an eco case than you would be with a regular case.

I do agree they should have gone with regular cases but yeah in no way a deal-breaker.

~Matt

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ My issue with eco-cases is that they remove the plastic from the underside of the disc, where the surface is (and where the disc is most vulnerable). Cases are supposed to protect the disc, so that kind of defeats the purpose.

But, as mentioned, the only time it's really an issue is during shipping. Once they get here, they're fine. I take good care of my collection.

I'm just thankful it isn't a digibook.

4. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

iam only interested in getting the first disc with the mono soundtrack put back in and the nick castle commentary, I will just need the actual disc, and I already have a blu ray case for just that. so, I should be ok, if not, I will just use the case that or book that came with last years anniversy to replace it..

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'm getting the box set but only keeping the discs to H1, H2, H3 and H 20.

6. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Scream Factory just posted this on their Facebook page if anyone is interested:

"***LAST CHANCE to order Halloween: The Complete Collection WITH EXCLUSIVE LITHOGRAPH!****

If you missed our limited-edition Halloween 14" x 36" lithograph offer back in May, we have one more chance to get one!! Due to some last-minute cancellations of our Deluxe Halloween Complete Collection Blu-ray set, we have a few that are available on a first come, first serve basis. Every kid in Haddonfield wants one of these, so grab yours while you still can here: https://cart.shoutfactorystore.com/cart/basket.aspx

Product will be shipping near end of this week/early next."

7. Mikey Horror

Ok, Nevermind. God damn they went almost instantly.

8. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I think they're still up for sale. The link on their Facebook page still works. Anyway, thanks for the notice. I took the plunge and picked one up. They have a promotion going where you get ten bucks off your purchase if you find a fake item on the Scream page. So, that put a minor dent in the overall price.

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

They care more about the disc packaging than the contents of the disc. When the BFI Herzog set finally came out I was checking the blu-ray.com boards for a few days to see what the early word was on the transfers. Instead of anyone saying a single solitary thing about the transfers it was page after page about how Amazon.co.uk left a crease on their box, and debate about how to return it. PAGE after PAGE of this shit. With various pictures of said cases and creases.

Not one comment about the transfer or links to screenshots. You can go in that thread and see a plethora of photos of just about everyone and their mother's BFI cases but heaven forbid someone posts a screen grab.

BTW, the consensus over at Blu-ray.com seems to be that the SF Herzog boxset is better because the package is nicer and sturdier. Apparently, too, because Herzog's face is on the cover instead of Kinski. Eventually they acknowledged the BFI transfers ARE better (if you're into that kinda thing), but fuck that we want a nice looking box on the self. :fire:

11. acappa

acappa Member

It has to do with the correlation between cost and quality.

Retail on this is $170. I know a lot of folks are getting better deals on amazon, but I think there are certain expectations that come with high-priced products. That includes packaging.

When I purchase a release from Criterion, Masters of Cinema, or Arrow, for example, I know I'm getting a top quality video presentation, extras, and yes, sturdy, well-designed packaging, menus, etc.

Generally Scream Factory delivers in these areas, as well. I assume in collaborating with Anchor Bay, in this case, they had to relinquish some control.

12. acappa

acappa Member

Synapse, too. Demons is one of the nicest sets I've ever owned.

13. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

I wonder how soon it will start shipping to customers (from amazon, deepdiscount, blowitouttahere etc...).

14. Mikey Horror

If you ordered from Scream Factory directly watch your mail. Got mine today.

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I represent one of those BD dot com comments, but I made fucking sense!:D
    The tiny bit of plastic saved on the eco-case production does not match the waste of those who exchange them for non-eco cases, period! No one would exchange if non-eco in the first place, ergo, eco = waste!

Plus, please raise your hand if you have ever thrown out a BD case. Anyone?
    I've tossed a dvd case or 2 and recycled tons, but never got rid of a BD case in either manner.

Then, please raise your hand if you've ever recycled one. I would hope those who replace at least recycle, cuz if not they completely defeat the whole purpose to begin with.

To whoever called plastic a "resource" over there though... some people and things are too dumb to defend.:lol:.

Oh yeah, I could give a fuck about eco-cases. I like the non-eco ones better, but not to where I would bother replacing them. So far only 1 case of cover damage from eco (personally), although I see plenty of rips and dents in the drop bins at BB and WM from them.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  16. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

No way!!! I preordered mine from them but am stuck at work for another 6 hours. Damnit!

17. Mikey Horror

Yeah, my wife just texted me the picture and the last 20 minutes of work just turned into a fucking eternity.

18. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah this looks awesome.

~Matt

20. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

May you confirm that the later films are in the original aspect ratio?