Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The 2018 movie isn't fantastic, but it sure blows H20 away.
    H20 felt too much like those shitty 90:s teen soaps, with Myers as a guest star.

Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

H20 is way better. It also doesn't make Laurie a secondary character in her own story.

3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Ive always loved H20. It's a Scream movie with Michael Myers and Jamie Lee Curtis. Short n sweet, funny and violent.

Watched the 2018 Halloween yesterday afternoon for the first time since the big screen. It's a good flick. Nothing great but a fun Halloween movie.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Exactly. I find H20 awful for those reasons. Even when I was a teen I couldn't get into this one.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the 2018 version more than H20 but Laurie Strode was better portrayed in H20.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I like both H2O and the 2018 version.

The only real issue I had with the 2018 version was the Dr Loomis twist - didnt care for that really at all.

H2O does have a Scream like quality to it but I was okay with that. I personally really enjoyed movies like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream (which actually had to grow on me) and Urban Legend so that probably helped in my enjoyment of H2O.

For me it is kind of hard to say which I like better as they are so different in tone and presentation. Might depend what mood I am in on a certain day in regards to which I would rather watch.

7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I think that's why I like some parts and not others in Halloween H20. I like Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. But I do dislike that opening part of Halloween H20 as it's kind of silly.

I thought Jamie Lee Curtis just played Laurie a bit more extreme and worn down in Halloween 2018 compared to what she did in Halloween H20. You could tell in many parts that she is kind of the same character in both movies. Like those drinking scenes. Also a bunch of scenes with her daughter.

I think right now, I'm sticking with Halloween H20 as the more entertaining and enjoyable movie for me. But Halloween 2018 is definitely a better movie or a movie that feels more like the original Halloween and a true sequel if that makes sense. But of course when you have tons of homage scenes that is bound to happen.

I don't want to own Halloween 2018 though until I know what happens in the two upcoming movies. I read a post here that mentioned a completely different ending. And I watched that teaser and I saw mention that these two movies will span the Halloween night.

But I don't know. We are headed into Jason territory now with Michael. Somehow they captured this guy in the original Halloween after he was shot multiple times, stabbed in the eye, fell off a roof. Now even though old, he's been shot again a few times, hand partially blown off, trapped and left in a burning basement.

I think they mentioned it a bit in Halloween 2018 and Michael was in a institution. But still with all those murders, child murders at that. Plus the murder of a police officer's daughter, the guy should be on Death Row. But there is a line from I think Dave in the opening of Halloween 2018 that kind of makes light of the murders like the world is worse now. Still for me Halloween H20 was a good ending to the series. I still haven't seen the movie after H20. I don't want too. But I might one day just because Katee Sackhoff is in it.

othervoice1 and fceurich39 like this.