Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I thought the steelbook was BestBuy only?

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about the steelbook, I just mean the regular blu-ray. Either the stores under-bought, or they're flying off the shelf.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Bull Moose has a ridiculous amount of copies. They don’t do that for anything else but the latest Star Wars and Marvel movies.

4. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Luckily Tuesday I didn't have to be to work till 11, so I was at Best Buy within 5 mins of them opening and they had plenty.....of blus. No steelbooks in house. And as a matter of fact, the night before I checked the BB website and they were none available to buy online. "Check stores" option only. Pretty sure they sold a shit ton of them but I'm sure they'll be no problem finding a copy.

I watched all the special features. Pretty good stuff.....nothing overwhelming though. They're mostly short little featurettes, but I really enjoyed hearing Danny McBride and David Gordon Green talk about the writing process. McBride talks about how weird it was writing death scenes for innocent people hahaha

As for the movie itself, I hated the Doctor storyline and the ending was so-so to me......but other than those minor gripes, I fucking loved it. Gonna sit back with a few pops and enjoy it in about 2 hours.

othervoice1 likes this.
  5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

My local Best Buy had zero Steelbooks tonight, and only about 4 BluRay/DVD combos left. However, I checked the Denver stores, and they seem to still have a few. My buddy who lives in the area wants one too, so I ordered us two steelbooks with him as the appointed pick up person.

6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Halloween Kills, October 2020

Halloween Ends, October 2021

Fuck.......yes.

7. Dave

Dave Pimp

Will it end, though? Will it???

chancetx likes this.
  8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Nope.

9. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I hope not. Bring me a Michael Myers flick every October.

Now if we can only get some more Jason in my life.....

Steel76, Copyboy and Myron Breck like this.
  10. Dave

Dave Pimp

I enjoyed the reboot and am just very, very happy the zombie-verse take on Halloween is toast.

wago70 likes this.
  11. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I'm glad some of you guys are excited about this, but I couldn't be more discouraged. Making Curtis the focus of this series at this stage is ridiculous. The Laurie of Halloween 2018 is neither an interesting character nor a remotely believable one. We're supposed to believe that Grandpa Michael tossed the British journalist around with the power of King Kong Bundy, yet he couldn't decisively win several wrestling matches with Curtis? The real issue is that making a woman Curtis's age the focus of this series unnecessarily reinforces how old Michael would be, which really deflates his menace. If he can't kill HER, who could he kill? And yeah, yeah, I know. She's a real BADASS. Sure. I'd like to involve everyone who finds that a credible assertion in a pyramid scheme.

I'm not demanding realism from a movie about supernatural evil, but this is worse than the Thorn curse. We've now had two separate resets to allow Michael to move on to new business, and both times the filmmakers chose to retain the obsession with Laurie. And now she's not even his sister, which makes his fixation with her that much more unnecessary.

There hasn't been a satisfying Myers film since Pleasence died. I'm beginning to fear that my potential enjoyment of the series died with him. I'd still love to be proven wrong. But I didn't care much for Halloween 2018 and can't picture second and third helpings being any more compelling.

chancetx and buck135 like this.
  12. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

You know, I was a little disappointed with H2018 too and yet I'll take Jamie Lee and Michael (as long is it's not Resurrection) over 4, 5, 6 & Rob Zombie any day! I don't care if they're battling it out in the geriatric ward at Haddonfield Memorial, for fuck's sake! As long as there's no "kiss before dying," Jamie Lloyd or Rob Zombie, I'm all in!

13. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I agree on most of that stuff, but I would much prefer to see Danielle Harris as the tentpole for this series. I personally feel 4 is the best sequel, followed by Rosenthal's 2. 5 & 6 are guilty pleasures for me. After that, I'm not much of a fan of any of them, but I'd rate the Zombieweens as the worst, with H20 and Resurrection slightly more tolerable.

Do you really think the current story has anyplace interesting to go? Especially after THAT ending?

Natas likes this.
  14. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Of all the reboots that have come and gone...I'm fine with this. I'm looking forward to this - very much. JLC was terrific in both H20 AND Halloween 2018 (and the original classics). Her collaboration with this new crew works for me. Now - a year to wait...

Natas and Zombie Dude like this.