Grindhouse Releasing to release Cannibal Holocaust on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, May 9, 2014.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category...Disc-Blu~Ray-[sl]-CD--All-Region-Combo).html#

2. zbinks

I'm thinking Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo is probably a typo.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I hope we dont get another LVR (video/scanner noise) mess as the UK disc.
    If they make their own transfer from the original negatives, then they´ll get my money.

4. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Jesus... what is with Grindhouse and their overly sexualized covers? First Curruption, now this? Though it's better than Corruption...

5. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Release date is July 1st. I'm excited!

6. zbinks

The official release from Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grin...5392227536411/631856383556657/?type=1&theater

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Day one for me. Avoided the UK Blu as it would have been cut. As already mentioned I do hope the Dolby Digital claim is a typo and the audio is lossless. All my other Grindhouse BDs have uncompressed audio so I can't see why this would be different.

8. foller

foller Active Member

No word on a new transfer or the negative...just 'digital restoration'. That does not sound very promising....:(

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Digital restoration probably means they got the LVR transfer and used DNR to wipe out the video noise.

And Director´s Cut, isn´t that the new cut that they used in UK with most animal violence removed, and replaced with unused alternate/deleted scenes?

10. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Hated this movie. seen when I was 14 and sorry I did, it really bothered me. could never sit through it again, at least not at my own freewill..

11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

If that's the case No sale, but I doubt they would do that to the fans of this film and considering their last edition was uncut with everything intact. Grindhouse knows what they're doing and always do a awesome job, looking forward to this release.:evil:

12. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

You can stop wondering who the real cannibals are -- Grindhouse Releasing are answering all your questions with their hi-def issue of Ruggero Deodato's CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (1980)! When an award-winning news crew goes missing deep in the jungles of the Amazon, a college professor heads up a rescue team to retrace their steps and hopefully bring them back alive. However, they're immediately met with hostility from the indigenous tribes and are able to return only with some of the original reels of footage. Upon reviewing the developed film, the reporters' story unfolds, and it seems their smiling facades hid the depraved depths they would gleefully plumb for the sake of sensationalism. The cameras record it all -- right down to the last frame of gut-spilling, flesh-ripping retribution.

A vicious (if somewhat hypocritical) condemnation of the news media, Deodato's film remains a powerful, troubling experience -- perhaps even more relevant today than when it was made. It's also the granddaddy of the "found footage" genre; the handheld first person sections on display are startlingly effective and difficult to watch. A surefire inclusion on any of those "Most Disturbing Films" lists you see pop up, it's a hard film to recommend as it's full of sexual violations, gory dismemberments, animal mutilations and every form of unpleasantness you can think of, but it's also extremely well made, continuously compelling, and, ultimately, necessary.

Upgrading their DVD from almost a decade ago, Grindhouse look to replicate the relevant extras from that prior release while adding a plethora of new interviews, another commentary and more. You'll get input from director Deodato, stars Robert Kerman, Carl Yorke and Francesca Ciardi, composer Riz Ortolani and others -- as an added bonus, they're also including a soundtrack CD of Ortolani's memorable score, remastered from the original studio tapes! (And, most importantly, the featurette we shot at the re-release premiere will be included, too!) All in all, it appears to be the definitive package, in the typical Grindhouse Releasing tradition. "The one that goes all the way!"

Blu-Ray / CD Combo Preorder (7/1/14) now live at Amazon.

Theatrical Trailer! (Not particularly safe for work.)
    http://youtu.be/LwCaPKHybwk

[​IMG]

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Your reasons for hating it are my reasons for loving it.

14. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

I'm just glad that we finally get an interview with Francesca...always thought she was smokin hot in the film!

15. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

The original post says both "-Both Regular and Alternate Animal Cruelty Free Versions" are included. :eek:

16. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

Upcoming Blu-rays included Lucio Fulci's The Beyond? That sounds impressive. It will be interesting to see what they will do with that one.

17. napalm baby

napalm baby Member

OH YES you will be mine ORDERED !

18. bachmann

bachmann Member

Glad they included the soundtrack the main theme is hauntingly beautiful

19. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Funny coincidence, but I found Riz Ortolani's soundtrack to Mondo Cane for $1 on LP yesterday and it reminds me totally of Cannibal Holocaust (which he also did).

It's nice that CH is getting a blu ray release but I'm personally fine with the DVD. I'd much rather have Raiders of Atlantis.

20. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Ordered. I expected this to take a lot longer with Grindhouse releasing it. If I'm not mistaken, the Cinema Wasteland Q&A with the stars of the film and Ruggero should be included on the extras. They announced that at the con. I filmed it myself as well.