Grindhouse Releasing (Pieces & The Beyond)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 3, 2008.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Maybe.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's interesting that some people are now reporting not getting the puzzle, so it looks like it is indeed strictly limited and a toss up as to which copies include it... other than the added weight being a distinct hint.

3. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Mine shipped from Deepdiscount on 2/27 so I think I'm all good for the puzzle. I think the best place to maybe still get the puzzle is from Bullmoose. If I don't get a puzzle my OCD will set in and I'll go nuts.:eek:

Katatonia likes this.
  4. Katatonia

You probably will. I just find it amazing that Grindhouse didn't insist that the Puzzled-ed copies include a sticker on the outer plastic wrap or something. I can't readily recall anything limited like this not having some indicator of its limited status.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I ordered from Deep Discount too, $22.65 shipped + 4% cashback. Delivery date says tomorrow. For that price, I don't really care if it has the puzzle, but it sounds like everyone is getting them anyway.

6. Katatonia

I've seen several posts on other forums of people not getting the puzzle, so all copies out there in circulation don't have them.

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Got mine from Blowitoutahere (which I believe is part of Deep Discount) and it had the puzzle, so it seems like Grindhouse really spread the love out through many different companies. For which I am quite grateful.

8. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

I just received my copy from Deep Discount with puzzle. It's truly an impressive package, and represents a substantial upgrade that justifies the double dip. It also appears to be selling like hotcakes (no doubt fueled by puzzle fever) with most online retailers out of stock.

It's really too bad that Grindhouse is allegedly closing up shop after they finish their current slate, because they are the best in the business and each release is like a gift to genre fans.

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's surprising, I hadn't heard that. Looks like I'll have to pick up a couple of their other releases before they disappear.

10. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

Just to clarify, I believe they don't have plans to aqcuire any new titles beyond the ones already planned for release. Their existing library could still remain in print, I didn't mean to imply that their releases are being discontinued. With only a few titles left to be released I just wish they would look into picking up more films for the Grindhouse treatment.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

One less cult/niche label is never really a good thing but I kinda have mixed feelings about this. If they close then we won't have to worry about them acquiring movies that they're not going to release until many, many years later anymore but at the same time it sucked to hear this mentioned back when they finally appeared to have started living up to the second word in their name by releasing at least semi-regularly like a normal label.

12. Katatonia

:( That sucks if it turns out to be true. I was really hoping to at least see Blu-ray releases of Scream Bloody Murder, Death Game, and Scum of the Earth.

13. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Back when they said this it sounded like they were just going to release all the stuff they've been listing on their site for years and then close up, so I'm assuming we'll see those at some point.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yes. Don't remember exactly what was said, but I believe it was that they wouldn't be pursuing any new titles. After they've upgraded their catalog to blu-ray, they will probably close up shop.

I believe blu-rays of Cat In The Brain, Scum Of The Earth, and I Drink Your Blood are already in the works.

It's sounding like Scream Bloody Murder might be in the works from Arrow for an upcoming American Horror Project set. I think it might be public domain, so technically both companies could release it, but if Arrow does it then I doubt Grindhouse would bother.

Kim Bruun and zbinks like this.
  15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I Drink Your Blood needs to be on Blu Ray. Needs.

Steel76 likes this.
  16. MisterTwister

Definitely getting Cat in the Brain and I Drink Your Blood on blu.

Steel76 likes this.
  17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I finally bought Pieces. Ordered from Bullmoose and received it today...just two days later. Arrived a day early. Got the puzzle too. First time ordering from Bullmoose. Will definitely order from them again.

18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

My FamilyVideo.com pre-order was put on backorder, which is a fine how do you do.

After some digging I found Pieces in stock on Barnes & Noble, so what the hell I'll roll the dice on getting the puzzle from there. It shipped right away so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

19. MisterTwister

That VHS collecting jackass who discovered Charles Band's scheme to rip off VHS collectors with non original Wizard VHS titles is convinced Diabolik DVD opened up copies of Pieces and are selling the puzzles on ebay.

I'd post the video but meh. It's on Diabolik's facebook page if you're interested.

EDIT: Never mind it was removed.

Dobby likes this.
  20. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

That wouldn't surprise me at all.