Grave Encounters Trailer(2011)

Discussion in 'General' started by Anthropophagus, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

2. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun popcorn flick with potential. Doubt this will see the day of light in theaters though. I'm also sure all the good parts were given away in that trailer. pffffft!

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I enjoyed this quite about but I've always been a sucker for found footage films. It's subtlety nob starts off at zero but turns itself up to 100 by the time it was over. To it's detriment, It started to become way too over the top. It also borrows much from Blair Witch. Yet I still had allot of fun with it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I enjoyed this one too, not spectacular but a pretty good found-footage movie. I've always been kind of creeped out by old Hospital/Asylum locations and this one really plays that up. I agree it did start to become a bit over the top as it progressed, but at the same time it kind of added to the feeling of complete hopelessness, it becomes very apparent at one point that
    none of these people are going to make it out
    and that was pretty creepy, I kind of liked how the 'events' and 'happenings' were very supernatural and pulled no punches, versus the more subtle scares of something like Blair Witch. Check it out for sure if you dig found footage movies.

5. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Watched it as part of my Halloween party, Viewed it with a room full of people and we were all underwhelmed by it to be honest, All the characters were obnoxious and it wasn't particularly scary. Thankfully Dark Night Of The Scarecrow saved the night ;)

6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I watched this one this past weekend. Twice :p

I watched it alone Saturday afternoon and again with my wife last night. Strangely enough I'm not sure I can recommend it. It has many flaws, but I knew my wife would dig the scares. It's got some genuinely good ones. The characters are also fairly well done once you realize what they're about. It's a "c" quality guilty pleasure I guess.

7. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

That was done intentionally though by the filmmaker. They wanted the characters to be that way. It didn't take anything away from the film IMO.

8. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I agree the main guy was coming off a bit douche baggy at first but I realized he was playing a disingenuous douche bag. Houston was hilarious and the black guy, TC was thankfully not over-acted as token black guys often are.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Thought it was very entertaining and much better than most found footage films. The constant f-word out of TC's mouth got a little boring and annoying, sort of reminded me of Busta Rhymes in Halloween Resurrection 'Happy Halloween Muthafucka', but other than that it was good.