Ginger Snaps

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 1, 2003.

1. The poster for part 2 looks rather interesting...I can't wait to see the film myself...

[​IMG]

2. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Caught up with the one finally. It's good with some fine moments. I must say though, by the end the sister relationship was just getting a tad annoying. Still, for a low budget film they do okay. X-Human makes a great point, now I think of it, the direction in this film was rather flat. Pity, it might have knocked it up a notch or two. I've seen (and own) better werewolf films - but they're so rare, it's a pity to pit one against the other (oh - alright then, Dog Soldiers was better).

Nice.

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Watched this for the first time last night, and although I liked it quite a bit, I can't say I loved it. And I disagree with everyone's love for the two sisters, I thought they were annoying as hell the whole movie, and their love for each other was just a tad on the creepy side. That, and they were just really weird and messed up, even before the werewolf bites Ginger. Not people I would want to hang out with. Actually for that matter, it was really hard to find a likable character in the whole movie, other then maybe the pot head. By the end even the mother who is a saint the rest of the movie completely loses it. As for Ginger, sister or not, I would have put her out of her annoying misery half way through the movie.

Anyways, I picked up the trilogy and I am still excited to see how the second movie goes as the first one ended pretty bleakly with really none of the main characters left. And there were a lot of good creepy moments in the film. But yeah, just can't see why everyone loved the characters so much, i think that is what hurt the film for me so much. Great story and acting, just very unlikable characters that were hard to root for, or care about for that matter.

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

x666x and othervoice1 like this.
  5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

That looks beautiful. And it has English audio. Fcuk. I don't want to spend that kind of cash, either. However, it is a great series. The third one is just a bit weaker but looks beautiful. Like old Canada from the pioneer days. The Orphan Black girl is in the first sequal too, interestingly enough.

othervoice1 and ImmortalSlasher like this.
  6. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

That looks like a good set. Overall this is a solid horror trilogy. I want to watch them again since the third one caught me by surprise with the setting.

Orphan Black is great too. I stopped around a few episodes into the second season. I need to finish that up one day. The actress is really good in that show. I thought the suburban wife part was hilarious.

othervoice1 and x666x like this.
  7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

If Allison is your favorite clone, then you DEFINITELY want to finish season 2. OK, back to Ginger Snaps talk.

othervoice1 and ImmortalSlasher like this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Can we point out that Allison from Orphan Black lives in Bailey Downs, the same fictional suburb from Ginger Snaps?

Shared universe!

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

OMG Ghost from Ginger Snaps 2 is a clone!

Did not even think of that!

10. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Shared creator! (John Fawcett)

That said, I never made the Bailey Downs connection, but it makes perfect sense, as Allison is exactly what Bridgette and Ginger are rebelling against.

11. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

She's so crazy it's awesome. There are a bunch of funny scenes with her. I just want to set aside a month and watch the whole series. I'll rewatch Season 1 again too.