Friday the 13th Slashed Scenes Poll

Discussion in 'General' started by NaturesMistake, Oct 11, 2020.

?

If more Friday the 13th footage is ever unearthed, what would you hope they find?

1. Friday the 13th Part V missing gore

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Friday the 13th Part III missing gore and the alternate ending

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Friday the 13th Part VII (better source)

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

That's what already happened in the Freddy and Jason movies. Except for the first films, the sequels got more and more stupid and annoying characters, to the point that we cheered for Jason and Freddy instead.

2. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Active Member

Jason as a hero? Lol. Yeah never understood that one. They talk about that in the CM doc, that people relate to him, etc.

Eh no, not of you are normal. These flicks are fun, nostalgic roller coaster rides that some of us grew up with, no more, no less.

As far as the deleted effects, I'm just glad it's basically 6 down, 2 to go!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I agree regarding Jason as the "hero". But that is my "thing" with horror films. I want to be SCARED of the villain. I don't want sympathy because they become less scary to me. For the "Friday the 13th" movies, I just remember (circa 1981 to 1984) my favorite thing was the cat and mouse sequence between Jason and the lead girl. I just loved vesting in the main character and seeing what they go through to make it out alive. I wanted to cheer for this person...not so much the monster...

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

What disc is the footage on? I can’t tell from the back of the cases.

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

It's on the disc for PART 2.

6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

What is it titled?

Nevermind. Found it. Thanks.

What’s odd though is that I couldn’t get back to the main menu from the extras to play the movie. I had to stop the disc and restart it. Weird.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Myron Breck likes this.
  7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Yeah but we are old school horror fans. There was that bit in the Cabin in the Woods movie that attempted to show that most don't care about that anymore. I don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen the movie. I was ahead of it myself and didn't find it that good. But it's pretty much the opposite of the whole wanting the lead girl to survive.

8. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

This got nothing to do about modern horror, this started in the 80:s.
    The reason why both Jason and Freddy became "heroes" is thanks to the fucking MTV era, in the middle of the 80:s, with all the music videos, both of the characters showing up in talkshows, the toys, video games etc.
    Anything scary about the characters flew out of the window around 86-87. That's why I prefer horror movies from the early 80:s. Before the genre became a joke.
    I remember when we watched Jason Lives on cable, back in 87, and cheering for Jason to kill the stupid teens. "Go get them Jason". I mean seriously, most of the characters are annoying assholes. :D

It was different in the early movies, like part 2 and 4, when Jason was still scary.

And talking about Jason Lives. If Tommy didn't dig up the grave, Jason would have remained dead, and all those people would still be alive. Tommy is a fucking idiot, who should be blamed for everything ;)