Friday the 13th part 7 & 8 deluxe editions in September

Discussion in 'General' started by Marv Inc., Jun 15, 2009.

1. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Friday the 13th part 7 & 8 deluxe editions 15 September

Specs are in for the last two from Paramount. Part 8 sounds like it will be a good dvd.

Friday the 13th Part VII – The New Blood

2.0 Surround, Mono, 5.1 Surround
    English, French and Spanish audio/subtitle options
    Portuguese subtitles
    Commentary: - Killer Commentary by director John Carl Buechler and actors Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder
    Jason's Destroyer: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VII
    Slashed Scenes with Intro
    Mind Over Matter: The Truth about Telekinesis
    Makeover by Maddy: Need a Little Touch-Up Work, My Ass

Friday the 13th Part VIII – Jason Takes Manhattan

2.0 Surround, Mono, 5.1 Surround
    English, French and Spanish audio/subtitle options
    Portuguese subtitles
    Commentary: - Killer Commentary by writer/director Rob Hedden and actors Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
    New York Has A New Problem - The Making of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    Slashed Scenes
    Gag Reel

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. Yeah, I remember last week, reading the report from Dread Central.com with Daniel Ferrands (Halloween 6 writer who is DVD special features producer on all the remaiing Deluxe Edition's starting from The Final Chapter onward), and so far, so very good (even if Part VI's transfer is indeed very questionable, as Rhett mentioned in his fine review on here)!

I'm honestly not a HUGE fan of the Hodder-era Jason Voorhees (*docks any & all rotten fruit thrown my way*), but I'm interesting in Part VIII an unusual amount. I chould have swore Mr. Ferrands mentioned Scott Reeves ("Sean" from Jason Takes Manhatten) will also join in on the mini cast reunion commentary along with Hodder, and of course to hear the smokin' hot Dagget (dear God, look at Major League 3: Back to the Minors and the recent His Name was Jason doc. She's gotten even hotter. Renne is a MILF! :D) wax poetic on her first feature film. Don't know if those lovely, milky tits are from giving birth to bouncing baby boys or store bought from Beverly Hills, but reguardless, they're beauties. ;)

Plus supposed, Red Hedden, bless his heart, kept a long gag reel as mentioned for the wrap party in Vancouver before the crew disbaned for a few L.A. re-shoots (like the one caucasian boxer's death scene), and suppsoedly, there's some hilarious stuff in there. Plus, he kept good quality tapes (querter-inch, isn't it?) of ALL of the footage before the MPAA infused some of the worst cuts since Part 2, and as a result, I feel we're in for a real treat.

Anyway, Jason is my favorite of the seminal classic Slasher Icons, even if I really just love the first five, I'm still pickin' up the remaining Deluxe Editon's. Big thanks for these specs, Marv.

EDIT: Here's the articale, by the way:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32041/dan-farrands-talks-the-new-friday-dvds

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

awesome news where did you get the info link please and no lost tales from camp blood 7 and 8???

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

5. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I can't wait for these Two DVDS!! I LOVE Friday The 13TH Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan!! It holds a Very Special place in my heart and I can't wait to pick up this Special Edition DVD!! I can't wait for VII as well!! Tomorrow is going to be a Great Day for Friday Fans!! Not only will I be picking up the New Friday The 13TH on DVD but I also can't wait to pick up the New Special Editions of Friday IV, V, and VI!!

For me, I LOVE Jason, Freddy, and Michael, so anytime there is New DVD with more Special Features I have to have it!! These Friday DVDS are Really looking Terrific!!:)

6. Yeah, same here. I'm a big time Slasher & Giallo completeist, as I wrote in my profile and as I tell everyone, and I double-dip for new special features and fresh commentary tracks as well a deleted & extended scenes regularly. So I'm the exact same way as well. ;)

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Love Jason takes Mahattan? What the?

Anyway, I wish they would just add back the "slashed scenes" mainly for Part VII. Someone get one phone, start the petition/emails ala My Bloody Valentine!

8. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

I guess that with these last two coming out, we'll be getting a set box with all new releases in, like the old paramount box set? That'd be great for people like me who have not any of these new dvds. Anyone has any info about it?

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

A DVD box set of the first three films and a blu-ray box set of all 8 were both hinted at/unofficially announced at various points throughout the year, but as we can see the former never popped up and given that there have been no further announcements on the blu-ray box set, I'm doubting that's going to appear either. There are still a lot of people holding out for that, but screw that. I'm not going to wait for another year just to have these in a neat box, and that's if a box set actually comes out.

Speaking of blu-ray, where the hell is the announcement for the next batch of blu's? Hope they end up coming out on the same date.

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

It's just going to be the workprint tape footage from the previous box set along with footage they were able to find of character development, Jason rising from the lake, and I think another shot of the axe going into the chick's head near the end. The gore footage looks like shit and is missing music and sound effects, so it would probably not be that rewarding of an experience to be put back in the film. On that link to dread central they explain that most of the Part 7 footage was thrown out by Paramount in 1991, so it's kind of hopeless. It's a bummer, as I would have loved to have seen an uncut Part 7 in all of it's unbridled gory glory.

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Yeah, I've decided I'm not waiting. But I'm just buying the blu-ray versions as they come out. I'm done with DVD.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Oh yeah me too, definitely. Though the Part 4 disc is extremely tempting.

13. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

And part 5 is for me because I love the flick and have heard Danny Steinmann being interviewed. Should be fun, but I'm thinking we'll see those on blu in Sept. when 7 and 8 hit DVD.

14. grodd

grodd New Member

I've got my HD recordings to keep me somewhat happy on parts 4,6 and 7. But I'm really tempted on these DVD's. Especially part 4.

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, I'm grabbin' the Blu's as they arrive - one by one.

I forgot that all those slashed scenes from Part VII were missing all the bells and whistles. Cmon Grim, can't you adlib some noises and such :D

16. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I wish Paramount would play catch up with the blurays and release 4 - 6 before the Sept release.

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

The MBV deleted scenes were missing audio too and Lionsgate added some stock sounds to those clips. I thought they came out pretty good.

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

MBV was a god damn miracle. Paramount, if they really wanted to, could put effort into making the audio sound awesome, but the visuals just suck. I'd like to find whoever threw the negatives and prints of the cut footage out and give them a swift kick in the groin.

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Swift kick in the ass works too...

~Matt