Friday the 13th part 2 and Prowler...similarities!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Tawny, Oct 23, 2004.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I can see why... it's one of the worst slashers I've ever seen. :nervous:

2. Final Exam...come on you gotta love the clearly clearly homosexual guy who is "in love" with the lead female...CLEARLY homosexual....

3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    You know - my brother's friend was poking fun at that guy. Even to me, he seemed a little "light" to even be interested in girls - and I was only 12.
    Yeah - FINAL EXAM. I love the film and it will always be special since I saw it for my 12th birthday. Oh yeah - the only reason we saw it was because PROM NIGHT was the co-feature and although PROM NIGHT had premiered on NBC (yes, mere months after its theatrical release...what was up with that????) and we wanted to see the full uncut version. We weren't disappointed and neither was everyone else...the theater was almost full house for PROM NIGHT! What was also cool was while being driven home after they ended we passed by one of the drive-ins just in time to see that last scene of FINAL EXAM showing. *man, I can't believe I have such fond memories of those times!

4. wago70

Okay, there's now a one-sheet poster for THE PROWLER on Ebay. The seller is great as I have bought several mint condition one-sheets from him. The bidding is already up there! It's really cool, too. I was expecting something like the DVD cover. This art is actually creepy. Very old-school.

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Joseph Zito and Tom Savini do a great com. track on the PROWLER dvd.The film did do good buisness in some venues but got a spotty release because it was distributed directly by it's producer,he refused offers from other outfits to distribute the film because he felt he wasn't offered enough money.Zito wanted Avco to release it,they had a good record with THE FOG and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK at the time.The film did better buisness and got a wider release overseas under the title ROSEMARY'S KILLER.I've always been fond of it.

6. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

Similarities between Twitch of the Death Nerve and Friday the 13th Part 2 come to mind.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  7. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

I always prefered 'Rosemary's Killer' (the UK title) than the US titled 'The Prowler'. Speaking of the Burning, I also wonder why they never made a another one. 'Burning Revenge'!!!!!! (As the titled 2 disc special edition I own).

8. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Tired? Perhaps you ought to catch up on your Zzz's before you come on HorrorDVDs and make a couple hundred posts in a matter of a few weeks.

9. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Perhaps you have nothing better to do than watch other peoples posts and start trouble. :fuck:

10. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

On the contrary you little weasel, I have nothing better to do than watch other people get so ANGRY from a dinky message board. :lol:

11. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Not angry at all.I just think that war is being taken to lightly.There seem to be war mongers out there who think that killing people is funny.Maybe I over reacted a little but I don't think theres any need to resort to name calling. :(

12. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Weasel, harsh? I could've used words a lot stronger. It was my way of playful jabbing.

13. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I didn't say it was harsh.If you had used words a lot stronger I don't guess it would be playful jabbing.Sorry if I have made too many posts for your liking but don't worry zombiexfan will pass me soon enough and you can pick on him. :)

14. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Hey so how about that Prowler? Great movie.:) I loved the part where the guys eyeballs rolled into the back of his head.

15. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Sorry didn't mean to make your thread an uncomfortable place to visit. :) Prowler is great!If I'm allowed to have an opinion. :nervous:

16. wago70

Do you guys think THE PROWLER and MY BLOODY VALENTINE make a good double feature?
    I once showed friends BLACK CHRISTMAS and WHEN A STRANGER CALLS back to back and they were a little too familiar with the formula to be scared.

17. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

I think they'd make a great double feature.... The Prowler blows My Bloody Valentine away.

18. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

Your name tells a lot about you. :fuck:

19. MartinD1

MartinD1 Guest

I think that movie rips-off from a lot of movie, in this review they talk about Mario Bava's Twitch of the Death Nerve:

Virtually every genre publication has noted this film's debt to Mario Bava's Bay of Blood (Twitch of the Death Nerve) thanks to two murder sequences (a machete to the face and a double impaling during sex), but virtually no blood is actually spilled on camera during the entire film.
    http://www.mondo-digital.com/fridaythe13th.html

Plus, I'm remember reading about other movie, besides The Elephant Man, which is not a slasher, where the killer had a bag on his head.

20. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Yeah, anyway..... :lol: