Frankenstein's Army (2013)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mikey Horror, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I've been hearing about this movie for years, back when I think it was originally going to be called Worst Case Scenario. It looks like it's finally coming out and holy shit does this looks AMAZING!

Red band trailer:
    http://youtu.be/dOF8GiIXtGY

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i saw that too, and yes, it looks awesome. i thought this was a completely separate entity from Worst Case Scenario, though...

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

It may very well be, I just noticed that a few of the creatures were taken right from the Worst Case Scenario trailer that was released years ago. I just hope the final product is half as good as what that trailer shows.

4. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

That looks great. According to IMDB the release date is July 26 so I'm looking forward to it.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

This looks amazing! Been waiting for this to come out for a while now. Hopefully this does well and gets his "Worst Case Scenario" movie financed.

6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

It's cool. I'm gonna see it. But remember the old trailer with the zombies in the sky? Hopefully this will get a sequel.

7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Any Canadians pick this up? Just curious what extras are included on the disc and their length, since it is a different distributor here in Canada.

9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

gotta say this one is so frustrating, the design and effects are awesome, but the film is shit, if the guy could get a good film together and add all his crazy designs then we would be on to a winner, worth seeing for the effects, but just don't expect to much from the move.

10. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Exactly how I felt. The visual design was awesome, and I was pleasantly surprised by the vast amount of different "super soldiers" and how much effort went into the detail on each one. This diesel punk or whatever it is called looks cool, kind of like that scene in Sucker Punch with the Nazi's running on clockwork and steam, but supercharged.

11. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I thought it was pretty awesome myself. I went to walmart to pick it up but they didn't have it.

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

How's the "found footage" aspect of it? Is it really film like?

I almost bought it with Ninja III but decided to rent it first. I'm a big fan of everything in the description (well, not so much found footage) but too much can go wrong here.

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented it and thought it was "okay" – but it's not really a film I'd wish to revisit. The overall concept was a good idea, and the film had great design...but the script and execution of it just sucked. At times it was just painfully annoying to watch.

14. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

That movie is Iron Sky, which is God-Awful. This is Frankenstein's Army, which is fucking fantastic. I loved this movie. The creature design, as we all know, is absolutely genius and every bit as creepy. Given the budget, I thought everything was absolutely superb,... the practical effects, the setting, the acting... Even the first person aspect was well done, although at times it did make it feel sort of "video-gamey"... though it never got distracting.

Even after seeing the Worst Case Scenario promo, I always thought the creature design was rather "Star Wars-ish" in its creation...after seeing the Making Of documentary...its nice to see my assumptions were correct....apparently the director is a big Star Wars fan.

The only thing I had hoped they'd expand upon is why they were able to make Frankenstein's Army, yet Worst Case Scenario got lost in development hell. That movie must be made.

Man, I think if these guys were given a half decent budget, they could make one of the best modern day horror movies...I kinda wish they would have saved some of these creatures for when they did get a bigger budget...really bring these freaks of nature to their full potential.

15. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  16. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Frankenstein's Army, as I end my review with, is "a unique idea that’s equally provocative and dopey."

17. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Chomp: As zbinks pointed out, Worst Case Scenario was the film that I mentioned which is what spawned Frankenstein's Army.

I watched it over the weekend. It was decent. It's a found footage film, so some may be turned off right there. I was a little annoyed that they went that route at first but I found the build pretty effective. I'm not sure the payoff worked all that great, but it was still entertaining.

The zombies are all the ones we've seen in the Worst Case Scenario promos, but somehow they come off a little goofy when presented this way (found footage).

18. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

I watched Frankenstein's Army last night and loved it to pieces. It's just what I had hoped it would be, a big dumb fun monster Nazi zombie exploitation flick. The zombots were all really cool. It almost feels like a Silent Hill or Resident Evil video game the way it unfolds. I really hope this turns into a franchise with new zombots introduced in each film.

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Mhmmm this looks interesting I definitely want to check this out.

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Airs this weekend on The Movie Channel's "Splatterday" (where they'll have two horror movies air alternately all night....best lineup is when they show Scanners and The Brood over and over again)