For those of you who live in the Northern VA/D.C./Maryland area...

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul0889, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

the AFI Silver theater, in Silver Spring MD, is showing A Nightmare On Elm Street on the following dates:
    Friday, July 24, 11:30; Saturday, July 25, 11:30; Tuesday, July 28, 9:20; Wednesday, July 29, 10:30; Thursday, July 30, 9:20

and for those of you wondering, i emailed the theater and confirmed that it will be shown from a 35mm print, and not just projected from a DVD like it was back in 2006 when it was released for those 2 days in September to celebrate it's new DVD release.

the theater is also showing a brand new print of ghostbusters, gremlins, heathers, edward scissorhands, body double, and more in their event TOTALLY AWESOME 3: MORE FILMS OF THE 80s. here's a link for those interested: http://www.afi.com/silver/new/nowplaying/2009/v6i4/totallyawesome3.aspx

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

That's a great theater,I've seen a lot of films there.I mentioned the GHOSTBUSTERS screening on another thread,think it was about the Blu Ray release.If anyone lives close by the Silver is well worth checking out.

3. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

saw this last night for the first time ever in a theater. it was a really nice 35mm print, the sound was good too, i think it was the original mono track being pumped out of all the speakers or something. it was very loud at times, almost too loud. when freddy scratched his knifes against shit, it sounded like he was RIGHT IN THE THEATER it fucking made everyone cringe. it was an awesome experience to see the original nightmare on the big screen. now the audience i was with laughed at the film COUNTLESS times. i really hate to say it, but it doesn't hold up too well over time. i never realized how funny the film was. a lot of the dialogue sounded twice as cheesy this time around, and literally every time nancy's mother showed up on screen, the whole audience cracked up, myself included after a while. i guess i never realized how she is constantly lighting up a damn cigarette, and her vodka bottle...too funny. anyways, it was awesome time

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

They are doubling BLOW OUT and BODY DOUBLE next month at the AFI,I'll try to attend that one.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Check this link out:

http://www.myspace.com/gorehoundfeatures

Join Us! as we celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Lucio Fulci's time-honored classic ZOMBIE in 35MM at The Byrd Theater in Richmond Virginia at Midnight on Sept 19, 2009. The screening is being sponsored by HorrorHound Magazine. Keep an eye out for updates! THE BYRD THEATRE DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS AT THE BOX OFFICE. IF YOU WISH TO USE A CREDIT CARD BUY TICKETS THROUGH WWW.GOREHOUNDFEATURES.COM THE SITE IS ALIVE!!!!! Tickets are $12.00 each! Tickets can be purchased at www.gorehoundfeatures.com!!!

6. dolemite

dolemite New Member

In case you didn't know Winchester Va is getting an Alamo Draft House. First one outside of Texas. Should be open in a month or so.
    Opening night movie is Heavy Metal Parking Lot.
    It's 20 miles from where I live and should suck a bit of money out of my wallet.

7. dolemite

dolemite New Member

The Alamo in WInchester is open and Thursday night at midnight Fango is having a premiere for Saw 6 with swag and all.
    Not the biggest Saw fan but hey, if it does well they will do more so am going with some buddies.
    (Would have posted new link for this but for some reason the site wouldn't let me post.)
    :confused:

8. make believe

make believe New Member

I would have totally hung out with Nancy's mom over Nancy.