Feeders 1 & 2 DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by betterdan, May 31, 2004.

1. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

i can't stand sub rosa movies . every time i watch them i fall alseep and wake up with a bad headache. i love low budget movies but damn can't these people go to film school and try and learn how to make a movie. shit these movies arnt worth the materal their made of .

2. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

We should organize a feild trip.

3. Luna

Luna Guest

Pasted from my Netflix queue:

Feeders 1 & Feeders 2: Slay Bells NR Horror Shipped: 07/19/04 Estimated Arrival Date: 07/21/04

Still in queue... Among Us.

:lol: :eek1: :cry:

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Damn you. I can't believe you are lucky enough to see these before me :(

5. Luna

Luna Guest

It hurts, doesn't it?

I haven't even seen it yet and already I'm crying.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

I have seen exactly half of Feeders and have this to report:

Check out the outstanding graphics! The Polonias are light years ahead of the technology used in Hellspawn and even Night Crawlers:
    [​IMG]

The infamous and spooky MONSTERVISION:
    [​IMG]

Clever effects galore! Here is a rather realistic recreation of a camera shutter:
    [​IMG]

OH no!! Please don't eat me, Mr. Feeder. :(
    [​IMG]

Mumbly redneck guy is in big trouble now!
    [​IMG]

As you can tell, the transfer is pristine, with almost no artifacting at all. This movie will undoubtedly look sharp and colorful on a projector or large television. The sound is crisp and clean. A great debt is owed to the musical genius who wrote and composed the soundtrack, which is further enhanced by the soothing sounds of a vintage Casio keyboard. The main song is a playful and delightful tribute to the old favorite, "Linus and Lucy", better known as the Peanuts theme, which takes on a decidedly eerie tone in this masterpiece. I am already highly impressed by this Polonia effort and cannot wait to savor the rest. I am sure that once I am done, it will take its rightful place in my top 20 films of all time. Bravo!

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

LOL, oh man I gotta buy this! :evil:

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:lol: Luna you kill me with your reviews of great Polonia movies.
    I do have to agree though that it looks like they have stepped up a notch (even though that notch is still 50 feet below ground)

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:lol: I have to own these too. Those clips were funny as hell, especially the telephone call. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2004
  10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

If you like these get Hellspawn you will not be disappointed ;)

11. Luna

Luna Guest

12. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

"The effects shots turned out to be quite remarkable and ended up making the movie look much more expensive that it actually was."

This has to be a lie because it couldn't possibly be true, how could this film be any cheaper than it looked? :D Interesting, it seems like he takes himself quite seriously in it, and not in a wink/wink kinda way. Has anyone listened to their commentary? Is it like that?

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Anyone pick up the Brentwood 4-pack called Sleazy Slashers?

Two Polonia films contained within, both being a complete laugh riot!

15. Luna

Luna Guest

I need to read this whole article, but yeah... I think these people are maybe only half joking about their "effects". God, they HAVE to be. You all see my screenshots of that movie above, for godsakes. :lol:

I looked for Sleazy Slashers last night at Best Buy, to no avail. :(

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Watched these tonight. Not nearly as bad as Hellspawn or the dreaded Night Crawlers (which is the worst I've seen from them). That they've made worse is about the best that can be said of these. The pacing is excruciatingly slow. After a mindless narrative with elementary school illustrations for an opener followed by a '3D Animation' 101 level credits sequence I check to see that we we're still less than 2 minutes in; this is going to be a long haul.

The Polonia Brothers have a knack for avoiding any semblance of a dynamic narrative. Whenever a halfway workable idea for a scene comes to their minds, they end up using only a few seconds of story to barely acknowledge it and go back to the most pointless time filler imaginable. For example at a gas station one of the characters meets and gets a double date with a girl. Only 5-15 seconds is dedicate to this plot point. It's then followed by 5 or so minutes or country driving. As to the double date? It never happens. Brilliant plotting right there. Why try to create a group dynamic when you can show the same two guys running through the woods for the rest of the film?

Slay Bells has potential as perhaps a family Chirstmas video, but overall contains more filler than any of their other films. It reuses footage from Night Crawers because forcing someone to watch it once isn't sadistic enough. Santa Clause also shows up, with an ever changing voice that goes between sounding like Kermit the Frog to Pee-Wee Herman.

At one point the kids in the movie fall asleep watching the TV. That's perhaps the most enlightened thing the Polonia Brothers ever shot.

17. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

This thread takes me back. A lot of great members that are now long gone posted here and it feels just like the old horrordvds again :)

18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

The boys from MST3k have finally discovered the Polonia Brothers and started seemingly where we all must, with Feeders:
    https://www.rifftrax.com/feeders

I'm kinda surprised Rifftrax did this because it's just amateur shot on 80's consumer grade VHS. They've always said they try to get movies with some level of production value. This has to be the lowest production they've tackled. I think this is lower budget than any of their shorts; even when you exclude inflation!