Fangoria Legends presents George A. Romero

Discussion in 'General' started by lanemyer774, May 1, 2012.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I have a subscription and still enjoy the magazine. Not to sound crude , but it's great bathroom reading material.

*** EDIT *** (Sorry buck135, I thought you were talking about Chris at first. I started to respond to comment on that. I thought you were asking about Fangoria & the editor, etc..., Anyway the rest of my post is just for info purposes. :) )

The last couple of years the magazine has been quite good.

Been getting the magazine for years(and still have all my copies) Maybe it's a collector thing, but I enjoy having these in my possession. Plus the fact that in 2007 there was a massive fire that destroyed their entire back issue inventory.

So basically, unless you own the magazines, most years before 2007 will be hard to get a hold of.

Last few covers . In fact they went back to have the original film strip on the side covers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I think when buck135 said "he", he was referring to George Romero, not the Fango editor.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You are correct. I totally messed that one up. Sorry buck135.

I'm going to edit my initial post.

Thanks for seeing that Dave13

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Lol. No sweat. I should have been more specific. If you recall, things got very tense when Chris came on here a few months/years back. I used to love Fango back in the 80's but was put off when Chris irritated several members on this site. I still emailed about the free issue and basically wrote them off when I received no response. That being said, I'm interested in the Romero issue since I worship him.

5. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

I agree that in the last year or so the magazine seems to have gotten back to it's "Roots" in look and feel and I think has taken a page from things like Horrorhound and Rue Morgue (both of which were pretty heavily influenced by Fangoria in its prime) and is trying to be less mass market and appeal more to their original niche