Extra Ordinary (2019) - Will Forte Horror Comedy

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jul 17, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Extra Ordinary is a new horror comedy due out this fall.

[​IMG]

Has anyone heard of this? It's due out this fall, but I have tickets to an advanced screening in a few weeks.

2. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'll see this. I'm not a big Will Forte fan, but I do enjoy horror comedy way more than most people seem to. Looks good to me.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I fucking love Will Forte. Just rewatched MacGruber a week or two ago which is one of the funniest god damn movies of all time. I'm all in here!

CPT HOOK likes this.
  4. CPT HOOK

Extra Ordinary is FANTASTIC and the real deal! Definitely one of my favorite genre offerings I've seen this year.

This is the cutest little possession horror romantic comedy I've ever seen. I don't even like possession horror and I thought this excelled in every genre it tackled. It reminded me a lot of Taika Waititi in that it has the silly horror comedy of What We Do In The Shadows mixed with the heart and charms of Hunt For The Wilderpeople. I can't wait to see it again because the audience was laughing so hard during the final 30-minutes that I'm sure I missed a few great lines.

The cast is all around perfect and nails every beat they set out for. You will fall in love with Maeve Higgins and Barry Ward. Amidst all the wonderfully constructed horror comedy chaos that is Extra Ordinary, the pair offer a better romantic comedy duo than most straight-up romantic comedies. Will Forte is also a riot as the one-hit-wonder Satanic rockstar Christian Winter.

I don't think there is a release date yet, but I believe they are shooting for October. See it as soon as you possibly can, because it is not to be missed! How rare is it to see a horror comedy that is surprisingly heart-warming in between the genuine belly-laughs and outrageous horror gags? If you don't have fun while watching this movie, you are probably dead inside.

Buechlers_beard and Natas like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

Coming to theaters September 27th:

Approved_ExtraOrdinary_Keyart.jpg

Buechlers_beard and Natas like this.
  6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Awesome! I appreciate your write up, my man..... Even more excited now