Experience with Amazon UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

This is probably more appropriate for the Ebay sucks thread but since we're talking about shipping. Just over a month ago I sold my Tales From the Hood blu with slipcover to someone in Canada for a good price. They opened up a dispute case about a week ago because it hadn't arrived. It was sent with my return address and I kept my receipt. Told them it should still arrive and not to worry. Well, they ended up escelating it and fucking Ebay sided with them. I told them things have been extra slow with Covid and that I had a receipt anyway. Then they tell me I need tracking! I told them that's bullshit as the buyer doesn't need any proof to get all their money back and probably my item while I have proof that sent something to Canada but I loose my sale, shipping, item and at this stage fee for the sale too. It's fucking bullshit.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I had a weird seller experience last year on ebay...

A tracking number showed the package basically "disappeared" before it was delivered, with no further scan updates. But I didn't check or know about that. The buyer contacted me weeks later saying they never got it. I told them that I would issue them a full refund if they filed the non-delivery form (or whatever it's called) on ebay so that I would get the seller fees returned to me for the original transaction. That's also the way ebay says to go about doing a full buyer refund.

I gave them the link and instructions and everything, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to do. I even contacted them again days later asking if they had filed the form yet. But I just never heard anything at all from them ever again about it. I think they probably did receive the package, but it was the USPS who simply didn't scan the package when it was actually delivered. That has certainly happened to me many times before.

3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

tumblr_mwymxsJnjo1ql8pauo1_400.jpg

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. Zombie Dude

The other really annoying part is that Ebay responded that they're looking after sellers especially during this time with all the Covid stuff and that I had gone above and beyond as a seller...but still fuck you, we'll take everything away. Sellers pay all the fees and help keep that site running but they aren't protected like buyers are. It's ridiculous.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I typically buy my shipping through eBay, which provides tracking. First Class is discounted there, so it's cheaper than the Post Office.

I had a similar issue about a year or two ago. Seller opened a claim, tracking showed it as delayed. Since I had bought shipping from eBay, I actually escalated the claim, which resulted in eBay both refunding the seller and me being able to keep the money. Then the tracking showed the item arriving the next day. Whatever, they got a free item, but I still got paid.

Long story short: always provide tracking.

What was annoying about it is that the buyer opened the claim on the day of estimated arrival. I can't believe eBay even allows that. You'd think they'd allow for a buffer day or two.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I always use the ebay shipping and print out the labels. I have a calibrated postal scale, so it's easy.

Buyers can do that with normal sellers. I am a power seller on there though, so they have to wait longer to be able to file a claim or leave neutral/negative feedback. I haven't received any negative/neutral feedback in probably 15 years though, and I've been selling on ebay 20+ years now.

7. Zombie Dude

I don't even know how to use Ebay's shipping to be honest. Maybe I should start doing that.

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Do Australia-based sellers have access to a localized version of eBay's Global Shipping Program? Honestly, that's the only way I would even consider doing international shipping through that platform.

9. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

How about the 36 dollar postage from Amazon US to Norway ?

hots4 likes this.
  10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah you guys have it good. US Amazon is expensive shipping wise to UK always has been and CA Amazon even worse.

11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

What is your Ebay seller name?? I've probably bought stuff from you before over the years :)