Experience with Amazon UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

House 3 is The Horror Show in the US. It's kind of like Shocker meets Nightmare on Elm St. Great effects and a pretty fun movie, plus Lance Henriksen is in it. House IV is more in line with the traditional House films with a child-like horror feel. It definitely wasn't as bad as I remember it being but also not as good as the first two I think. I'm happy I have the complete set.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Don't lose hope. I firmly believe that a new batch has been discovered and that our recent dispatch notices are the Real Deal. Or not.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

This will definitely get a re-release, albeit in a slimmer package without the book.

4. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

Today I received the set I purchased from Ebay UK after endless BS with Amazon UK. Two months after my first attempt at buying House: The Complete Collection, it is finally in my possession.

5. Myron Breck

I'M SO HAPPY TO READ THIS. Mine arrived today and I was going to feel bad about stating so. Dreams do come true!

The Joker and Zombie Dude like this.
  6. The Joker

Yours arrived from Amazon UK? I'm kinda shocked, but happy you received it :)

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm also shocked if that's the case. Definitely awesome it arrived though :)

8. Myron Breck

I was shocked as well. I had written it off after so many people were having the same issues. Maybe they got it back in stock and are filling orders again??? I hope everyone else's show up as well. Joker can always sell it on EBay! :)

The Joker and Workshed like this.
  9. The Joker

Don't think I won't either! It'll help with the double cost I paid to the Ebay UK seller.

Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
  10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Mine finally arrived today! The packaging was for shit but amazingly there was no major damage - not that I could have got a replacement set even if there were, lol. I have to say my track record with amazon UK is pretty good though I haven't ordered from them very often. Good luck to everyone else getting their orders!

Zombie Dude likes this.
  11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

My latest order is a weird one. Usually they use Ascendia, and while it never used tracking my packages have always arrived at home in the states well ahead of schedule. This time I ordered Foxy Brown, Coffy, and Blacula. Blacula still hasn’t shipped after a week because I didn’t look close enough to realize that it was a third party retailer. The other two were sent by DHL with tracking so I know that my package actually came from Italy, not the UK, and that is currently “Out for Delivery”. I know this to be rather unlikely because the city it is in is Boston, MA.

Edit: It actually arrived! Three day international shipping is a new record, and I didn’t even pay extra!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  12. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Had a 4 day (5, if you count Sunday) to California once. Actually beat a "shipped" order from Amazon US ordered about the same time.

I've also had several orders I've waited over 2 months for, finally requested a replacement for, and then had the original order arrive a month or two later.

And a couple orders, more to bad packaging than for any shipping damage, arrive in crap condition. Totally gave up after 2 separate shipments of the box set of The Resurrected arrived literally looking like they had been run over by a truck (and I literally mean literally, the boxes were crushed and the outer package had what looked suspiciously like tread marks). Finally ordered it again from DiabolikDVD.

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I usually get stuff sent priority when I order from Amazon UK. I used to choose the cheapest shipping option but after 2 packages went missing, several arrived damaged and another took 6 weeks to arrive I finally had enough. Especially with those Arrow limited editions. With priority, you get it in 2-3 days with tracking. Also by decreasing the amount of time it spends in transit, the less chance there is of it getting damaged along the way.

~Matt

14. maybrick

Holy crap, don’t bother trying to buy from Amazon UK if you live in the US because they jacked the shipping by a lot. I ordered a blu ray two months ago and the shipping was only £3. Today everything is averaging £8.50/disc! Considering how spotty delivery times are at the moment, forget it!

Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
  15. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

On May 10th I ordered 7 movies and shipping was £11.37. I ordered 3 more movies on May 16th and the cost for shipping was £9.58. The costs have definitely increased but if you order more than one title at a time it is still quite reasonable.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They are only shipping by Global Priority now, so that's why the rates are more expensive currently. They have a site notice about "limited shipping options available to your country" or something similar due to the pandemic... so I expect they'll go back to the normal choice of shipping options sometime in the future.

It hasn't even been possible to order from them again until recently, with any shipping option. But they were still honoring all existing pre-orders on there, and were automatically upgrading them all to Global Priority via DHL.

Global Priority shipping does arrive fast though, generally arriving less than a week after shipment.

russweiss likes this.
  17. maybrick

The postal system is in total chaos at the moment so I don’t even trust the upgraded shipping. I’ve never had a problem receiving anything in the mail prior to Covid-19, but now? Not only am I still waiting for the Indicator sale over from over 2 months ago, but now an Uncle Acid LP that I ordered from Bull Moose has disappeared off of the face of the planet. All of their orders have had tracking but it’s as if that one has never been picked up (BM says it has). A couple CDs I bought from them shipped out 4 days later than the LP and arrived yesterday. Another order, a copy of Stephen King’s If It Bleeds shipped out from Maine, bypassed NH, and somehow made it all of the way down to North Carolina before being rerouted and making it to my house a week and a half later. Thankfully Bull Moose now has curbside pickup but that only works for things that are already in stock at that store.

18. sinister

sinister Active Member

International airmail is totally fucked right now... bought a CD from Belgium that took 6 weeks to arrive here and a package I sent to Australia 7 weeks ago only just arrived there yesterday.

19. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Freakishly, I noticed Amazon UK had opened their shipping window up again a bit over a week ago, and placed an order.

The Boys (2019) S01 [Blu-ray]
    Babylon Berlin - Series 3 [DVD]

Ordered on the 9th. Postage GBP 9.03. Delivered on the 13th to California. Given the 9th and 10th are a weekend, that's effectively delivery across the pond and a continent in 3 working days. Not the best record I've had (had a shipment arrive 2 days later once, actually beating an Amazon US order placed the same day), but damn close.

Carrier was DHL, which definitely has had its problems in the past, but worked it this time.

As opposed to the complete bumbling incompetent and maybe even dishonest arsehats Asendia is. I switched from the cheapest ship option to avoid those fools, having a near 50% missing shipment rate with them, including missing out on the limited Ringu set because of it. Then Amazon UK bumped them up as the carrier for the "next cheapest" rate so I started getting shoved onto them anyway, at a higher cost. I think at this point we don't have any say in the matter anymore, Amazon UK charges you the higher ship rate you choose and then picks whatever cheap ass carrier they want anyway.

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I was supposed to get a DHL order from Amazon UK today... but it is currently in a "clearance event" since Saturday according to the tracking, but they assure me if should be cleared and delivered by Friday. Of course it would have to be something important that already sold out. o_O

International mail delivery times are all over the place. I received a CD package from Romania last week that arrived quite fast, yet some UK packages (not Amazon UK) are taking forever to arrive. I have a Swedish package way overdue also.