Evil Dead Trilogy (E - D - I - T - E - D) Favorites!!!

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by thrashard76, Nov 14, 2001.

?

Which Evil Dead movie has the guts to make it your favorite?

1. Evil Dead

54 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Evil Dead II

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Army Of Darkness

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Which movie from the Evil Dead Trilogy do you enjoy most? This is an edited poll of an earlier one I did. Sorry for the mix up.;) :)

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Ok, here we go...

The 1st Evil Dead is still my fave. I can't wait for the new ED coming next year through AB.

3. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Guest

My vote still goes for the original

4. Wow...choosing just ONE...Hmmmm....

The Trilogy is VERY dear to me & I can say I love all three almost equally...but if I have to choose one that really "did it" for me & made me craving a sequal was Evil Dead 2.

In my opinion, it had the combined elements of gory/horror of Evil Dead & the comedy/adventure of AOD....the best elements of ALL three!!!

So I voted ED2!

5. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The Evil Dead

The original one, cuz when i saw it for the first time it actually scared the shit out of me.

*sigh* they don't make 'em like this anymore.

6. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    i chose the 2nd one. cause i'm a big fan of the horror comedies.

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

What a tough poll! I love all three of these films almost equally. The first film was perfectly stylish and scary, the second was a great horror/comedy, and the third is a nice...horror/comedy/action film. But since I have to pick, it has to be Army of Darkness, based simply on the fact that I have watched this far more than the other two films, and that has to stand for something!

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I also love all 3.
    The first is classic.
    Army is hilarious.
    But I will never forget tripping and going to see part 2 on the big screen when I was a teen. It has held a spot near and dear to me ever since, and is what I reach for after a bad day.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm very weird when it comes to the Evil Dead series.

Without a doubt, they are my favorite films. None come close. The three make an EXCELLENT trilogy, and fit perfectly together. I first rented the original on a shitty old VHS with my friend and we liked it a lot. Then we got the second one and thought it was stupid cuz it was the same thing (I was 10, be patient). Then Army (which I had looked at for years without a clue that it was related to the Evil Dead's), which I fell asleep during. So I bought it later down the line and loved it. Then I bought all of the AB VHS and wore them out. Now I'm the proud owner of the Elite Evil Dead DVD, the Anchor Bay Evil Dead II SE DVD, and both Anchor Bay versions of Army of Darkness (Theatrical Cut and LE Director's Cut).

I've probably watched Army of Darkness the most, because when I first got it I watched it weekly. Evil Dead probably isn't too far behind. ED2 is a different story though, because I sort of shunned it for awhile. Now I absolutely love it.

I chose the first Evil Dead, simply because I've always totally loved it. There was a point where I loved AOD, but that passed, and now I'm starting to love ED2, but I've always thought the first was just plain awesome.

Rant over.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I'm waiting for the ED LE to be released. Then the trilogy of LE will be complete and I'll be invincible! HA-HA-HA! Ok, at least semi-immortal then.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

This is just a great Series I have really learned to Appreciate Army of Darkness over the years after not likely it so much due to it being to much comedy over horror. This Series really has something for everyone though. Saying that I would have to got with Evil dead as my favourite. It's just one of the best horror films of all time.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I picked the first, as it is nearly flawless in my eyes. Evil Dead had the potential to surpass it, but it couldn't be the unbridled gory, yet funny massacre it was meant to be because of the filmmaker's goals to get an R-rating (which they still didn't get). Army of Darkness is hilarious, but I much preferred the series when it was (atleast semi) horror oriented.

13. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Evil Dead is by far the best. The second is a parody, the third a travesty.

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Evil Dead II.

15. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I love all of them equally. EDII is the better film out of the three, but Army of Darkness is quite dear to my black heart. When I saw that film for the first time in the theater with all of my friends, it was a revelation. We still quote "Hey, ah, what's that you got on your face?"

16. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I love them all equally, but have to go with the first Evil Dead. I am a huge fan of the series, but I have watched Evil Dead the most out of the series. I have watched it at least 12 times, if not more.

17. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

I would have to go with Part 2. I loved the comedy aspect of it. I also thought Linda (Sarah Berry) was hot.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I love all three films and it's really difficult to choose between them... but if I had to pick an absolute personal favorite, I guess it would be Evil Dead II. I enjoy Army of Darkness more every time I see it, so I may just have to revisit my choice in a few years.

19. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

evil dead 2

20. mkayers

mkayers Member

The first, I don't watch horror movies to laugh.