Ernest Borgnine has passed

Discussion in 'General' started by dickieduvet, Jul 8, 2012.

1. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Ernest rest easy brother.... we miss ya

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

RIP, sad to see another one of the greats go, but good to see that he was so active right up into his last years. And not just the fact that he continued to work in films right up until the end, he seems like he continued to get out and be active in general. I remember in 2009, we had the premiere of a movie that I had worked on, it was at the DGA theater in Hollywood, and Ernest Borgnine came to it! He wasn't in the movie, but a friend of his was and had invited him, and he stayed for the reception afterwards talking with a lot of us. A very nice man, full of energy and he seemed at least fifteen years younger than he really was.

4. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

5. fallon6190

fallon6190 Member

This sucks man. I just met him at Texas Frightmare Weekend a couple of months back. He was really nice and courteous. His line was really long so I waited till closing time Friday. His wife had already put up all his pics and he was sitting at his table talking to Kieth David. I walked up and asked his wife if I could still get a signature and she said oh sorry I already put everything up. I told her I had my own poster for him to sign and she said that was fine. I pulled out my Devil's Rain posted and Ernest was like amazed I had it. He said were do you get all this great stuff. I told him you can find anything on the web. He just laughed and asked what and where should I sign. I told him sign whatever and wherever you want. I was going to get a pic with him but he seemed really tired and was not in the best of health. He was being pushed around in a wheelchair by his wife. He and Kieth David were having a pretty funny conversation about choosing acting roles. Kieth asked him you've had such a great and long career how do you know what roles to choose. Ernest said when you've been in the business as long as I have and you read a script that doesn't put you to sleep that's a good role. Here's the pic I got of Ernest Borgnine R.I.P.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

7. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Great story Fallon thanks for sharing.

8. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

Very sad news. Ernest Borgnine was one of my Favorites and a truly Great Character Actor. I always thought that it was so cool seeing this Hollywood Legend in so many of my Favorite Horror and Italian Films over the years!! His work in Escape From New York, Deadly Blessing, The Opponent, Willard, and Marty are among my Favorites along with so many others. He really has worked with some of the Greatest Directors including John Carpenter and Wes Craven!! He always looked so healthy and full of life in his interviews, he seemed like such a charming and Good Guy!! RIP Ernest, you will be missed.

9. pdw

pdw New Member

RIP.
    An versatile actor, he will be missed.

10. Spit

Spit Active Member

Very sad, but at 95 he had a good run. A king of cameos in recent years, a great actor throughout the decades, and he will be missed. Truly a staple of American cinema and may he never be forgot. RIP Mr. Borgnine.

11. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality